Notary Rotary
Printer balks at paper size
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Larry/Ca on 5/1/07 6:16pm
Msg #188324

I couldn't be the only one that has this problem and wonder if anyone has a solution. I have a dual tray printer and if the letter size documents are scanned in at a size that is over 11" my printer stops. These pages are only a few 100ths over, like 8.5 X 11.04. The red light comes on and if I press the go button it prints it on legal. Brother says that the problem is with Adobe, I'm running Adobe 6.0. I don't want to upgrade to Adobe 7 or 8 because I have the full version of Adobe 6 and use it frequently to convert files to pdf. I'm not even sure if an upgrade will solve my problem. Has onyone else had this problem printing letter size pdf's when the page size is a little over?

Reply by Linda Spanski on 5/1/07 6:31pm
Msg #188325

A possible solution: after selecting your printer, in the printer dialogue box check "scale to fit" or whatever option applies. Hope this helps.

Reply by PAW on 5/1/07 6:32pm
Msg #188326

I too have Adobe Acrobat v6, but I also have installed Adobe Reader v8. By default, the Reader is launched but I always have the option (right click) to open a PDF with Acrobat.

The reader allows for 'shrink to page' and works much better than the Acrobat v6 way of handling the odd size pages. So you may want to download and install the latest Reader. It will co-exist nicely with the full version.

Reply by Ndwa on 5/1/07 6:37pm
Msg #188327

V8 is good...

for drinking and so is printing with my HP, not sure about Brother.

Reply by Larry/Ca on 5/1/07 6:59pm
Msg #188328

Paul, PM n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.