Notary Rotary
Question on Purchase Closing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by JAM/CA on 5/2/07 4:19pm
Msg #188479

I'm doing a Purchase Closing in California for a property in Louisiana. When recording will take place in another state, we can use the notarial verbiage that is on the document (with the exception of a Jurat, which must be CA State Compliant) since it will not be recorded in CA. We can also notarize documents in a foreign language as long as we can communicate with the signer and they have acceptable I.D. Herein lies my question.

The Note in this loan package requires a notarization. The attorney that hired me said, it is an Acknowledgment. Fine, no problem. Do I attach a CA All Purpose ACK? Even though it will be recorded in another state, the wording says:

"NE VARIETUR" for identification with an Act of Mortgage passed before me this ____day of May 2007.

All other documents are clear. Simply fill out and stamp. But, since I do not speak French (although I've learned what this says), do I sign and stamp or attach a loose certificate?

Thank You for your responses.

Reply by PL on 5/2/07 4:31pm
Msg #188482

http://www.uslegalforms.com/la/LA-5414.htm n/m

Reply by JAM/CA on 5/2/07 4:49pm
Msg #188494

Re: http://www.uslegalforms.com/la/LA-5414.htm

Thank You PL, that was quite interesting. It does answer my question in a way, since it states in the definition that the Notary's signature is "certifying" to the Note's genuineness.

Reply by TXNotary on 5/2/07 9:41pm
Msg #188535

In regards to your signing. I hope there were two witnesses to sign the deed of trust or mortgage for the LA signing.

Reply by JAM/CA on 5/2/07 9:48pm
Msg #188538

Absolutely there were two witnesses for the Mortgage and two witnesses for the Cash Sale. The attorney always lets the client know that this is necessary.
Any answers to my question?

Reply by GF_CA on 5/3/07 12:32pm
Msg #188619

I always attach a CA loose ack or Jurat n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.