Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Sage Credit-NoDoze Notaries/Sacramento, Ca.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Rose Mencia on 5/7/07 10:39am
Msg #189183

Ive been trying to get paid for the the last 6months from these guys at sage/no doze..... they owe me $2550.00 and no one w/ any authority wants to hear about it.... sometimes the loan officers would call me directly... sometimes No-doze would call..... what a mess... just wondering if anyone else has had a run in..... I reported them to the B.B.B... but, I'm pretty sure not much will happen..... any ideas out there??? hellppppp?

Reply by Mary Sosa on 5/7/07 10:46am
Msg #189185

Rose you have a PM.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/7/07 10:48am
Msg #189186

How in the world

did they get 6 months credit from you?
I'd have stopped doing business with them when the first check for services
rendered did not appear.
If they didn't make their first payment, why did you think they would make any
future payments?
FWIW, here is their license #.
Sage Credit - Florida Correspondent Mortgage Lender License Number 362732
I'd let them know up front that I'd be reporting them/their license number to the
state board regulating them.

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/7/07 11:28am
Msg #189190

Anyone have a phone number for Encore Credit Corp., 1833 Alton Parkway, Irvine, California

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/7/07 11:36am
Msg #189192

ENCORE CREDIT CORP:

ENCORE CREDIT CORP:
1833 ALTON PARKWAY IRVINE, CA 92606
Tel: (949) 856-4884 ...

Google is a son-of-a-gun

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/7/07 11:44am
Msg #189197

Re: ENCORE CREDIT CORP:

FWIW. this was gleaned from www.banking.state.ny.us/wb070209.htm

"License to engage in the business of a Mortgage Banker Branch surrendered:

February 01, 2007 (MB-MBD)
Full Service Branch
ECC Encore Credit In Lieu of True Name Encore Credit Corp.
2211 Butterfield Road, Suite 100, Downers Grove, IL 60515
Effective Date: February 01, 2007

February 01, 2007 (MB-MBD)
Full Service Branch
5101 Cox Road, Suite 200, Glen Allen, VA 23060
Effective Date: February 01, 2007

February 02, 2007 (MB-MBD)
Full Service Branch
1733 Alton Parkway, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92606
Effective Date: February 02, 2007"

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/7/07 11:52am
Msg #189199

Re: ENCORE CREDIT CORP:

Thank you

Reply by PCasey/CO on 5/7/07 11:58am
Msg #189203

For that much money you could probably get a collection company to persue it for you on a contingency. At least you would probably get part of your money.

Reply by MelissaCT on 5/7/07 2:16pm
Msg #189225

Msg 188852 Recap

When establishing business with a new client, whether you're a seasoned pro or a newbie, you should always determine a credit limit for each account. Basically, what are you willing to potentially write off as bad debt? For some, it is $100, for others it may be $500, but it SHOULD NEVER be $2550!!! Ok, that's neither here nor there at this point, but this situation underscores the need to sit down and create a BUSINESS PLAN. You are a business & need to operate like one, even if you do your paperwork at the kitchen table in your PJs.

There are too many coming into this work with the wrong attitude and not realizing that you can (and probably will) LOSE $$$$ at this venture until you get your head clear & detail what the expenses are and where your price needs to be to cover those expenses, including the potential bad debt that is inherent in almost any business.

Reply by ItsMe123 on 5/7/07 9:41pm
Msg #189301

Sage and Encore Are Both Shut Down - Subprime Meltdown

You might want to check www.lenderimplode.com before taking any new assignments

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/7/07 10:58pm
Msg #189306

Hey ItsMe123! Good to see you lurking! n/m

Reply by Kevin/Ct on 5/8/07 4:54am
Msg #189314

I am currently pursuing collection against No Doze Notaries. In Connecticut attorneys have a common law lien on all files on which they work which stays in effect by operation of law until the attorney's fee is paid. That lien travels with the file and each party (signing service, title company and lender) all take the file subject to the lien. This lien also encumbers the funds each of them receives arising from the work performed by the attorney. It is similar to a situation in which a buyer inadvertantly takes title to real estate subject to an unreleased lien or mortgage. He owns the property and is liable for payment of the lien/mortgage because it encumbers the title.

I have been in touch with both the title company and the lender to inform them of the ramifications of the lien. Ultimately the lender is the last party in the chain to take the file subject to the lien, and it encumbers the funds he receives from the file including the monthly mortgage interest payments made to the lender by the borrower. If the attorney enforces the lien the signing service, title company and lender all become defendants in the case. Ultimately the funds paid to the lender by the borrower may be garnished to satisfy the lien.

The title company has taken the usual position that they have paid the signing service and want to wash their hands of the matter. The lender on the other hand is very concerned about enforcement of the lien. I was told yesterday that they read the riot act to the title company. The signing service will not come to the phone to discuss the matter.

The fun goes on....breathe fire and live with thunder.

Reply by RickinVA on 5/9/07 9:02am
Msg #189499

While this probably is not the case in VA, I am very interested in the outcome. Please keep me/us
informed. BTW, does your use of the word Attorney mean you are working under direction of an attorney, or are you thinking that if it pertains to an attorney, it may pertain to a Notary?

Rick

Reply by Bob on 5/31/07 1:46pm
Msg #192942

Here is some investagatory information on Christopher Warren-the officer for service of process at No-Doze/Sage. This may very well become a criminal investigation if their theft of services has violated criminal statutes.

To: Office of the District Attorney
City of Sacramento, California

RE: A California Signing Company: "No-Doze" Notaries, Christopher Warren, Agent for service of process:

The Problem:

I have not been compensated for work I contracted to do for No-Doze Notaries, Inc., a California Corporation, nor apparently, have other contract closing agents.

Identity of the Entity:

No-Doze Notaries, Inc. is located at 9300 Tech Center Drive, Suite 110-160, Sacramento, CA, and is listed as active on the Secretary of State’s website.

Location and Apparent Affiliations:

This company can not be found in the yellow pages and, in fact, shares the same suite with DCG Mortgage d/b/a DCG Home Loans a/k/a Sage Credit.:
http://www.405catterline.com/

The Agent:

The agent for service of process is Christopher Warren, 405 Catterline Way, Folsom, CA 95630, according to the Secretary of State website. An internet telephone number search indicates that the number for that address is: (916) 817-6346. I attempted to call this agent for service of process with no success. The person who answered the phone stated that it was the wrong number, but that they get such calls all of the time (apparently calls for Christopher Warren). I double checked the address with the Secretary of State, the name of the agent for service of process and cross referenced the telephone number in the internet white pages. Everything matched up just fine.

The Major Concern:

My concern is that I, along with others will not be paid by this company, especially when it appears that the subject address for service of process is currently for sale: http://www.jasongrams.com/Default.aspx?page=60&listingID=2e63b617-4e2d-497e-a0ff-7ede5af5340d.

Moreover, the property is being sold by “Christopher Warren Consulting,” the very agent for service of process for No-Doze Notaries.
Furthermore, there appears to be some sort of “tax-exempt” business run out of that same address: FOLSOM ARTS ASSOCIATION-Tax Exempt/NonProfit Organization Information: http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=1391735, which is run by someone by the name of Beth Mergens.
Ref: here are the email contacts for Mr. Warren: [e-mail address] , and [e-mail address]

I would appreciate any help with this matter. If this is a matter for the state or local department of business regulation, then I would appreciate it if you would forward this data to them, if applicable.

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Esq.

Reply by Bob on 5/31/07 1:52pm
Msg #192948

The DA suggested that I could report their antics to the local authorites, but I feel that if the problem is as huge as I believe it may be, that ABC's 20/20 or another press related investigatory entity should be contacted. If this is how they (Sage/No-Doze, Chris Warren) do business in the realm of contract closings, then their loan busness may have similar anomalies of ethically challenged behavior. In any case, this company needs to be investigated nationally. Please provide all data: License Numbers, experiences,etc., so that i may forward this information to the major networks if a viable case presents itself.

Reply by Josh Williams on 7/20/08 11:39pm
Msg #256088

If anyone needs info on how to get into contact with Christopher Warren you can contact me via email or cell phone and I will do whatever it takes to help you get paid for these signings.

Please email me or call me:

[e-mail address]

916-730-6339

Thank you

Josh Williams

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.