Notary Rotary
Split Signing with NBS....question regarding RTC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Cam/CA on 5/29/07 6:04pm
Msg #192605

I am signing the NBS the husband signed a couple of days ago in another city. When I received the docs from the other Notary I called the company to ask how they wanted the dates changed. They told me they didn't need to be changed when I asked how they wanted the RTC changed, I was kept on hold for awhile and when he came back he told me that they didn't need to be changed. I was dumbfounded. Do I call back and speak to someone else?

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/29/07 6:08pm
Msg #192606

Each B has 3 days. Hope you had some unsigned ones for the NBS. If not, I'd call hiring entity back again & make situation clear.

Reply by Cam/CA on 5/29/07 6:16pm
Msg #192613

Re: Thanks Lee

I did have an unsigned one and I made another two copies for the NBS to keep. I will call back the company tomorrow morning and speak to someone else.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/29/07 6:11pm
Msg #192610

I don't think it will matter about the date of rescission b/c the bwr will date their signature on the date they got it and that will count off the days should their be a problem. JMHO.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/29/07 6:12pm
Msg #192611

Dang! there, not their. n/m

Reply by Cam/CA on 5/29/07 6:18pm
Msg #192615

Re: Everything is preprinted with 5/25 on sign. line n/m

Reply by Ndwa on 5/29/07 6:27pm
Msg #192619

Re: Everything is preprinted with 5/25 on sign. line

The transaction date 5/25 should stay the same, but the rescission should be 3 business days from the date the borrower signed.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 5/30/07 8:35am
Msg #192677

You need to modify the RTC dates for the NBS!

The date that the NBS signs the RTC begins the NBS's three BUSINESS day Right to Cancel period. Calculate the last day to cancel in the usual manner (please Post if you're not sure!). Correct the pre-printed signing date and last-date-to-cancel date, then have the NBS sign and date.

In the unlikely case that you are (or anyone else who reads this is) unfamiliar with how to make corrections:
Put a signle horizontal line through the date to be changed. Nearby print the correct date. Have the borrower(s) initial BOTH of the changes. (Since you're dealing only with the NBS, only she will be initialling.) You DO NOT initial the corrections!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.