The recent thread that is filling up quickly with
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Carolyn Bodley on 5/16/07 8:09pm
Msg #190471

deleted posts answers the burning question:
"Is there a no-no hit list of notaries that companies share?" Before Harry began axing this inappropriate and unprofessional thread from no-named companies, it only proved the point that there is NO SUCH LIST!

Reply by Renee on 5/16/07 11:24pm
Msg #190511

Hello,

I would like to thank those of you who wrote to me about this inappropriate message. I would especially like to thank Harry for deleting it. Just so all of you know, I was not able to read it in time. I was too late. Of course, I did glean enough information to determine exactly who wrote it.

I apologize to the Notary community for its appearance.

Certainly for whatever they wrote it is embarassing enough to know that it is out there.

For those of you who stood up for me, I am most humbly grateful. You have proven that Notary professionals do not just accept any cheap shot that comes along. As I read some of your comments back to these individuals, I could tell that you know when someone's integrity is being hacked at. It's not like we don't face enough of it. I stand proud to be among you.

Elizabeth Renee' Jackson

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/16/07 11:29pm
Msg #190513

Can you share the deal, Renee?

We are all curious about them.

Reply by Renee on 5/16/07 11:38pm
Msg #190514

Re: Can you share the deal, Renee?

I am not sure that such a sharing would be any more appropriate than the message that they wrote. Occasionally, you just have a deal dip way south on you and that is what happened to me. What I can say is that I stand hard on certain principles. In this situation I had to take a stand. We just do not make enough money on any deal to risk fines, imprisonment or even losing our commissions. In this situation, I felt like I was at high risk for any of the above, and I refused the signing. Has this ever happend to you?

Reply by Ernest__CT on 5/17/07 6:36am
Msg #190535

Maybe we need a thread about ...

... signings we've refused or have adjourned.

Renee, you have my sympathy!

Reply by Renee on 5/17/07 7:46am
Msg #190548

Re: Maybe we need a thread about ...

How about we talk about the less than but not more than principle. Names on documents verses how a person is identified. Has anyone ever had that problem? Recently I had it occur. This is one that I am particularly mindful of. I am hoping some of you will share thoughts with me.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 5/17/07 11:12am
Msg #190599

Re: Renee

I don't know you and I've never met you, but anyone can tell from your posts that there is a lot more to this story than the original poster led us to believe. There are three sides to every story and when someone is publicly being trashed they have a right to be made aware of it.

I seldom post anymore, but when I truly believe something to be amiss, I'm proud to stand beside you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.