Notary Rotary
Vent time!
Notary Discussion History

Vent time!
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by RickinVA on 5/30/07 7:56pm
Msg #192793

Vent time!

I did a closing for a regular client, and it was O/N to the borrower, for Friday. I arrived, got the loan signed, and and found they wanted the docs back by DHL (nee' Airborne). Ok, no problem but I have no airbills nor shipping materials for DHL. THat's not a real problem, because there was an pre-addressed standard size envelope to send the stuff back. So what's the problem? Called DHL Sat AM for a pickup. They said they would be here bright and early Tuesday AM. (Noonish, really) THat's OK, since Monday is a holiday. Tuesday EAM, someone calls from DHL and says they won't be here because DHL doesn't serve my area that day. Well, since this closing was on Friday, the recission period will be up on Wednesday, and if the stuff isn't shipped on Tuesday, it won't get there until after the RTC. Do I care? Yeah, because that's not serving the client very well, even though it's not my fault. Of course, IF I was going out of town Tuesday, and couldn't transfer the shipment to another carrier, who would get blamed? So I called FASS and told them that I was shipping by FedEx instead, gave them the new tracking number, and told them why the old one would not be correct.

THen DHL called me tonight and asked if the DHL driver showed up. I told them that the driver did show up, but I had to ship by Fed EX since they couldn't hanle my shipment the way my client wanted it handled and I mentioned that I had no idea of their schedule which the caller informed me was available if I had called them. I mentioned that I had called to schedule the pick up and he said well, the scheduler didn't know the schedule and that all I needed to do was call. HUH? Anyone have some ducktape I can borrow? I need to tape my head.

BTW, FWIW, FASS doesn't often call me, and when they DO call, I don't always get the assignment because of my fee, but when I do get it, they always pay. In my case, they pay well. Apparently, by the time they get to me, they'll pay anything. I keep seeing bad comments about them, but they're good to me.

Rick

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/30/07 8:07pm
Msg #192794

Re: Similar situation for me

I have NO pickup available by ANY of the carriers - FedEx, UPS or DHL - because I'm so far out here. My drops are all made at The Mailbox Store (which is open until 1:00 on Saturday, closed on Sunday) and they take all shippers so I plan and advise my clients accordingly. I also have a Goin' Postal near me here if I need it. I can never rely on pickup EVER.

Reply by NCLisa on 5/30/07 9:38pm
Msg #192801

I Do NOT Ship DHL!

I call the client and tell them that I must have a FedEx or UPS account number to ship the package out. DHL is notorious here for not showing up for pickups for 3 to 4 days at a time. There is one DHL drop box at a local OfficeMax, and that box is supposed to be picked up daily at 3pm, but it only gets picked up 2 to 3 times a week. A friends company just fired DHL for not picking up an overnight shipment for 7 business days. (Obviously the shipment wasn't urgent, but after day 3 they were curious as to when DHL would actually show up)

I prefer FedEx.

Reply by Joan_OH on 5/30/07 10:35pm
Msg #192806

I feel your pain! I once had a company switch to DHL. I begged them to let me continue to use their UPS account - the answer was no. One Saturday morning I dropped a package in a DHL office max drop box for noon pick up. Package had 3 purchases with a total of $130K in certified funds. DHL didn't pick up. Driver called the store manager to ask if he "thought" there was anything in the box (like it had windows or something). The manager didn't think so, so the DHL driver didn't pick up.

Next day I was given permission to use the UPS account number. :-)

There is a 3pm box near me. If you drop off @ 1pm, you can bet the box has already been picked up. My response when told to use DHL is "I absolutely do not guarantee you will get the package back the next day or ever for that matter"

Joan-OH

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 5/30/07 10:47pm
Msg #192807

California Overnight ( CA, AZ & NV) I got a return envelope for this company to send the docs back preprinted by the sender. I called to get it picked up at my office and was told I had to have an account number; I asked where that might be located on their preprinted bill? Of course, there was no account number on a preprinted bill.

This company (customer no service rep) said I would have to drop it off at a box and she would help me find a box. The closest box was 4-5 miles away and I drove over and dropped it off.
There is a very good reason most companies use FedEx and UPS

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/30/07 11:28pm
Msg #192812

that company delivered the docs to me ... they were 2 hours late and he arrived w/ only the envelope that was the label and left the papers somewhere in the warehouse... they returned 4 hours later with the documents and red faces.........

Reply by Ndwa on 5/31/07 12:16am
Msg #192817

Re: Vent time! No problem here

When ever I call DHL for pickup, I always get a pickup confirmation # over the phone regarding the date & time of of my pickup request. I don't drop at OfficeMax or in their box b/c I always have them come to my door.

Reply by jba/fl on 5/31/07 12:28am
Msg #192821

I won't ship DSL either. I'll bet I haven't had to use them more than 20 times, but they have 'lost' 3 of those packages, which then means i have to deal with TC demanding to know details, that they can just as easily find themselves online. When it says picked up my office address on xxx date and time, w/no further details, why does TC rep think I know anything different?
Never w/FedEx (main carrier) and once w/UPS, but turned into late day delivery. And finding labels, envelopes not easy for DHL, and now UPS stores don't want to give supplies, only if I am going to ship from their store. But no legal. Real pain (UPS)

Reply by bigdog on 5/31/07 4:06am
Msg #192838

D-Day And A
H-Half
L-Late
Smile

Reply by lenelle/FL on 5/31/07 7:12am
Msg #192842

There is only one box in my city and it is across town with a 4pm pickup time. I always try to get an alternate shipping carrier and usually they company has a UPS or FED EX account anyway.

Reply by Calnotary on 5/31/07 8:49am
Msg #192862

Somebody here said that DHL stands for: Delivery Happens Late. Very funny.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.