Notary Rotary
Yee Ha! Texas is the new Las Vegas
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Joe Ewing on 5/30/07 3:55am
Msg #192668

Rents are high and the homes are dirt cheap. I'm gettin good at them thar Texas home purchase investment packages.

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/30/07 7:15am
Msg #192672

Not in all places...depends on where the property is.

The good news is that property values are solid in Texas right now and rising. Some properties have gained as much as 16% in value since '05 in my area.

My mother sold a house in '88 in Austin for $120,000. The same house is now worth $400,000. Three bedroom, two bath.

Reply by cyndi_ca on 5/30/07 8:07am
Msg #192673

I had 8 purchases over the weekend. Texas is booming for investments. Which county Joe? Was it Montgomery?

Reply by EastTxNotary on 5/30/07 8:46am
Msg #192679

Wow! I lived in Montgomery county for 30 years...can't imagine where investment property would be..unless it's The Woodlands... maybe. I had the pleasure of closing some purchases recently at a resort development...mind you they've been developing this property since the 70's. Very interesting...they flew these folks in from (mostly) FL and CA to look at this investment property. 1/4 acre starting at $25000! And the scary thing was I had a couple of the buyers look me in the eye and ask how come more people from Houston weren't gobbling up these "deals". Ummmmm, the only people gobbling right now would be the developer and the outrageous maintenance fees you're gonna be paying on a vacant lot! For that price there are places right here within view of the lake where you can buy acres...not portions. Of course I didn't SAY any of this to them...I sure don't want to be around when their bubble bursts.

I LOVE my little lake area home...I watch the foxes play in my yard (have to keep my MinPin indoors), the bluebirds, the cardinals, the hummingbirds!... then also...the scorpions, tarantulas, and coral and copperhead snakes...it's a paradise!

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/30/07 9:22am
Msg #192682

Tee hee hee, EastTxNotary...

**Ummmmm, the only people gobbling right now would be the developer and the outrageous maintenance fees you're gonna be paying on a vacant lot! For that price there are places right here within view of the lake where you can buy acres...not portions.**

Yeah, I thought of you when I read that post.

Montgomery does have Lake Conroe going for it...and then there's Miss Magnolia Notary who will drive to my area or yours for $50...she's there too...lots of intesting things going on over there.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.