Notary Rotary
mapping ? Yahoo changed their driving / maps AGAIN and i
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by ZeeCA on 5/30/07 2:11pm
Msg #192721

HATE it. anyone use a good program? I am not wild about google either as i want something like the old yahoo driving directions/maps where i can click on previous locations etc......

tia

Reply by Calnotary on 5/30/07 2:14pm
Msg #192722

Re: mapping ? Yahoo changed their driving / maps AGAIN and

With google you can click on all previous locations.

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/30/07 2:24pm
Msg #192723

i do not like google so i want to see other options.... n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 5/30/07 2:57pm
Msg #192729

I like Mapquest the best. It is the most precise--right

to the tenth of a mile. Only been steered wrong twice in 5 years. It also will bring up the last 6-10 places you entered.

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/30/07 3:12pm
Msg #192734

ahhh it looks/acts/feels like the old yahoo. BIG THANKS!!! n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/30/07 3:19pm
Msg #192738

I hear ya'. Besides, I find 'em to be waaaay wrong

Can't find places; has both the time & mileage horribly wrong; is a PITA to use... gotta type more. Haven't found anything that works good yet. Have gone thru 3 mapping programs now. Everytime they 'improve' them they are screwed up beyond belief. Google can bvarely find Arkansas. 'Course that's true of 99% of the population of this country, too.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 5/30/07 3:23pm
Msg #192739

I always used Yahoo maps. I just went there and they have changed, but there is an option to save the location.

Reply by ZeeCA on 5/30/07 3:31pm
Msg #192740

but it never saves it ... everytime I have to start over but

I am loving mapquest!!!!!

thx again!

Reply by FCCARKANSAS on 5/30/07 3:56pm
Msg #192745

Mapquest? Accurate????

I can't tell you how many times they've sent me the wrong way!!! It's not me! I have witnesses to prove it. Maybe I live in the one state that Mapquest has messed up! Nope! They sent me the wrong way in Detriot, MI too a few years back. What I do is just get directions to where I'm headed from who I'm going to see to back up Yahoo. I never go to Mapquest. If you don't want to do that I think Rand McNally has a site that gives directions.

Reply by Terri/Fl on 5/30/07 5:37pm
Msg #192767

Send a complaint to Yahoo...Map system worthless

For those of you that want to send a compliant to Yahoo about their UPGRADED ??? map system. Go Yahoo, then go to maps, then look for the HELP button upper right hand corner and click. Once you are in the help site....type in a question and a answer (response) will come up with 5 or 6 selection...like did this answer help you, etc. Go to the very bottom and select the button that says....not even close, and then you can type in a question or a compliant that will go directly to Yahoo. Please help me and others....I use Yahoo Maps 4 or 5 times a day. I am lost (no pun intended) without it. Help....the old reliable map system worked just fine. If it ain't broke.....don't mess with it! Thanks Terri

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 5/30/07 8:13pm
Msg #192796

Mapquest? Accurate???? - needs to update TN too!

I've nearly always used Mapquest since that's what I started using way back when, but they are just plain outdated here in upper middle TN. One closing in rural Cookeville took me to a turn onto a closed muddy across-the-creek no-road-or-bridge-here. Good thing it was a weekday and daylight. I finally got directions from a passing UPS truckdriver who had stopped for a delivery on the road I was on, bless his little perfect-timing peapickin' heart!
Now I use Mapquest and then doublecheck on Yahoo, which is also not perfect by a long shot. Then when I call the borrowers, I read them my directions and ask if that's the best way to go. Often borrowers have an even quicker route since they know the area best.

Reply by RickinVA on 5/30/07 6:50pm
Msg #192781

Re: mapping ? Yahoo changed their driving / maps AGAIN and

I must have something set wrong, because EVERY time I try to see a map on Mapquest, I enter the name and zip, and get a message that Mapquest has founfd the location but it is a dupe, and I need to change the location. That's stupid. I just want a damx map!

Rick

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.