Notary Rotary
new signing agent ?
Notary Discussion History

new signing agent ?
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Stella Gonzales on 5/1/07 11:20pm
Msg #188378

new signing agent ?

In order to handle loan docs, do you need to become a signing agent? I have had a couple of leads for loan docs, but I am not sure how to get started in the right direction? Any help to get started is appreciated. Just trying to earn alittle extra money to survive.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 5/1/07 11:38pm
Msg #188379

Re: Forgive me Stella, picture Elaine from Seinfeld.....

STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA, that is all I think of when I hear the name Stella. Not intended to offend, it was a great show and Elaine was so cute and funny.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 5/2/07 12:00am
Msg #188382

Forgive me also, please, but I think of Marlon Brando....

in A Streetcar Named Desire, ( guess that I am older) standing outside in his undershirt
yelling "STELLA -STELLA" Famous sceen. He was a great talent in his earlier years.
PS. Good advice by Larry below. Good luck to you.

Reply by LkArrowhd/CA on 5/2/07 12:11am
Msg #188383

Bob you are also right, another Stella-good one n/m

Reply by Joe Ewing on 5/2/07 8:58am
Msg #188403

Re: Forgive me also, please, but I think of Marlon Brando....

Now that you mention "Streetcar" I signed a Kowalsky last week.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 5/2/07 10:47am
Msg #188426

OT - Old Chicago joke. Chicago has more people of.....

Polish extraction than any other city in the world except for Warsaw (true)

"Some years back, they introduced coho salmon into Lake Michigam to
feed on non-native alewives that were infesting the lake. They were also
great for sport fishing and eating. (TRUE)
They found, however, that the cohos were not breeding well, so
they crossed them with walleye pike, which are a great breeding fish.
They called the new fish a "cowal" While breeding well, the new
fish lost most of it's fight and was no longer fun to catch.
So they crossed the cowal with Muskies ,whid are great fighters.
They called the resulting fish a "Kowalski, but then had to then teach them
how to swim. "

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/2/07 11:01am
Msg #188429

Re: OT - Old Chicago joke. Chicago has more people of.....

Bob, do you go anually to net the smelts? One of my fav memories of spending time on LAND!
Of course, I was with some who were under the influence and cracked up toooo many times Smile

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 5/2/07 11:29am
Msg #188431

Not clear. Were the fish, the fishermen or both under the..

infuence??????
Not much of a fisherman but fried smelt sure are good to eat.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/2/07 12:09pm
Msg #188439

Re: Not clear. Were the fish, the fishermen or both under the..

welp, one idiot threw the whole net into the lake, oops...the next one was getting his net out, there was a huge hole in it and they couln't figure out why they weren't catching anything but a buzz...I was so dumbstruck, I went to the pier for fish-n-chips just to eat something and took the last train home.

Reply by Larry/Ca on 5/1/07 11:44pm
Msg #188380

Stella, use search button and read message 33325 n/m

Reply by cyndi_ca on 5/2/07 9:18am
Msg #188405

Re: Stella, use search button and read message 33325

Great advice. You should really have some knowledge when it comes to a set of loan docs. BO's will for certain have a lot of questions and you'll need to be prepared. Read, read, read this board. There are many knowledgeable people here, and they willingly share it.

Reply by Leon_CO on 5/2/07 9:45am
Msg #188411

>> Just trying to earn a little extra money to survive. <<
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stella, a person wanting to become a doctor or lawyer would never say, "... just trying to earn a little extra money to survive."

I'm sure you mean well. We all want to survive. But don't think of being a notary signing agent as a side job that you can do in your spare time to make a little extra money. Think of it as a profession, even if you do intend to do it only part-time.

How you think about it has an influence on how you view the job, the borrowers, the companies you work with, and yes ... even yourself.

Think of yourself as a professional, and you'll probably do more in this business than "just survive".

Good luck.

P.S. Sorry for the lecture. But it just strikes a chord with me when people think of this as just a little side job.

Reply by SharonMN on 5/2/07 9:53am
Msg #188414

Stella, I'll bite and actually answer this question because I don't think it's completely obvious if you search posts. There is no required qualification you need to pass to become a signing agent. It's not like being a laywer where you need to go to law school. If you're hired by signing services/title companies to notarize loan packages, you're a signing agent. Some signing agents are better and more knowledgable than others. That being said, there are numerous courses and certifications out there - you can decide which, if any, might be worth pursuing.

Reply by Stella Gonzales on 5/3/07 7:15pm
Msg #188698

thanks for all the helpful info!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.