Notary Rotary
ok...where's da beef?...
Notary Discussion History

ok...where's da beef?...
Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Charm_AL on 5/3/07 8:35am
Msg #188568

ok...where's da beef?...

I read the post about abstracting and yes, I agree. Then I casually pop up my 47 million e-mails and there it is. My super duper e-mail of the day.
Now there's a service that will 'text message' me with a signing in my area. Then I go online to BID on it?....Super wonderful.
I'm gonna fondle my phone now? I do not text message anyone, period and my kids know better than to do that to me.
It's because I don't have the patience to learn how to, and the dang numbers are so small, I need goggles to see them. Does crotchety happen naturally with age?

What's next???

Reply by SueW/Tn on 5/3/07 8:40am
Msg #188572

Yes Charm, from experience, "crotchety" comes with age n/m

Reply by Lee/AR on 5/3/07 8:43am
Msg #188574

What's next? E-mails from Nigerians offering to do your work for you and pay you for the privilege if you'll just send them all your banking info so they can direct deposit 400 million nto your account. Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!

Reply by Dave_CA on 5/3/07 8:43am
Msg #188575

No, crotchety comes

naturally as a result of our arms gradually shortening to the point that we can't hold printed materials far enough away to read without glasses.

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/3/07 8:48am
Msg #188577

Re: No, crotchety comes

no kidding, I just went to the pharmacy to get a newer more improved pair of reading glasses. But I can see a street sign from a mile away! It was a sad occasion to put a lamp on my two feet of computer hutch so I can see the keys, are they making these damn keyboards smaller so they can be aero-dynamic when you're done with them?

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 5/3/07 10:27am
Msg #188588

OT: Long arms

I had a stent procedure 3 weeks ago in a 99% blocked artery and, almost overnight, my glasses don't work anymore! I can sit 3 feet away from the computer and see clearly through the bottom part of my bifocals. At home, I have to read the crossword clue at the end of my arms, then bring the paper closer to fill in the answer.

Who knew more oxygen to the brain would do that??!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 5/3/07 11:01am
Msg #188598

Re: OT: Long arms - Proponent of Liquid Vitamins here...

...again...people get sick of me touting those things.

Without liquid vitamins taken daily - MUST have 1.75 glasses from the drugstore.

With liquid vitamins taken daily, during the day I can read anything on my desk, church (little bitty Bible print) is no problem, and in the evenings I find myself needing only more light to read anything comfortably.

I use the Liquimax brand sold by Sam's.

Reply by christiSocal on 5/3/07 1:10pm
Msg #188629

Hey, Brenda

Does that stuff work even after your eyes are already bad? Or have you been taking it long enough that your eyes never got bad? Right now I wear contacs (very nearsighted). I have one for distance and one for close, but I'm going to have lasik done soon and will have to deal with the "old eye" stuff then...

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/3/07 11:34am
Msg #188607

Re: OT: Long arms

sorry, Marlene that you went thru that and I bought the $300+ pair of lineless bifocals complete with getting my eyeballs blown to the back of my skull -- they say, "you're gonna feel a swift and short poof sensation".... about two years ago.
I felt like I did some drug that hasn't been manufactured yet, for about two weeks of trying to get use to them. By the way, I lost them and just like the cheapo bic pens, I can't lose the $8. pair I've been touting. I have red, brown and black frames, you know, fashion is everything!

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 5/3/07 2:07pm
Msg #188639

Charm, what the heck are you talking about????

"eyeballs blown to the back of my skull" - what is that??? (so I can avoid it. . .)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 5/3/07 3:59pm
Msg #188661

Re: I think it's the glaucoma test, Marlene...

And even though I know that "poof" is coming I still jump...

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/3/07 9:08pm
Msg #188713

Re: Charm, what the heck are you talking about????

well, like Linda, I think it's a glaucoma test, but it's really a ritual that you earn because some know that we kinda lose a little grey matter and they really like taking advantage of that. I can't wait to see which one of the shortys are going to support me when I need pampers. Like the Lion King....it's the cycle of life.

Reply by janCA on 5/3/07 11:23am
Msg #188605

Re: No, crotchety comes

I now carry a magnifying glass in my briefcase. Some of this stuff sent over to us is disgustingly small like about 3 or 4 pt. type, you'd think they actually don't want the borrowers to know what the document says. And when the borrower says, "you almost need a magnifying glass to read this stuff" Ta Da, surprise!

Reply by Charm_AL on 5/3/07 11:36am
Msg #188608

lol jan, I hear ya!.... n/m

Reply by dickb/wi on 5/3/07 11:54am
Msg #188611

thank God i'm not the only.....

one...i would be lost with out my trusty mag glass......and i wear tri focals......never could get used to the lineless lenses so went back to the ones with lines.....i also need a lot of light to see...some times i use the glass to mag the light and that helps.....charm i love your wittyness....[spelling?]....you crack me up.....

Reply by hcampersFL on 5/3/07 12:18pm
Msg #188615

Re: thank God i'm not the only.....

You guys need to buy a magnifying sheet. 8 1/2 X 11 full sheet to lie over paper to be able to read easier. Cost about $3 at Books a Million.
I bought my husband, mom, dad and one for my briefcase. BR's love it. I always offer it, just in case.
Really makes it easy to read the News paper.

Reply by dickb/wi on 5/3/07 7:15pm
Msg #188697

you have pm....... n/m

Reply by Marlene/USNA on 5/3/07 2:10pm
Msg #188641

Re: thank God i'm not the only.....

Yeah, I forgot to mention the light thing. I thought I was going blind before I read somewhere to up the wattage. Now I have bright daylight bulbs in every lamp and overhead in the house. Coming up the street after dark after taking Bob Dog for his nightly walk, I see that my house looks like an aquarium compared to the neighbors'.

Reply by Vince/KS on 5/3/07 8:46am
Msg #188576

"Texting"

Along with kids and teen-age grand-kids seem to be text messaging. Verizon can "block" text messages. Others companies can also block and/or disable it. Advised kids that it is disabled and to leave a vm if its important. Grouchy?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.