Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
why are some still listed as "ok" in Signing Central?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2007 Index

Posted by Sher_AZ on 5/13/07 11:18am
Msg #190004

Just curious, Who decides and how is the "rating system" on Signing Central updated? when complaints have been voiced about non-payment (many with a "ton" of complaints) still showing with 4-5 star rating?
The ratings are misleading to newcomer's to NOTROT because they think the Co that just called them for a signing is on the "up & up" Unless they do a "search" first, they're out there signing up with these Co's to be put into their data-bases and often provide services for months in good faith before they find out they've been "stiffed".
I do see some "well known" Co's that are still showing with good to acceptable ratings. Curious as to "how many" complaints need to be voiced before the rating system is changed? TIA

Reply by Sharon Taylor on 5/13/07 12:40pm
Msg #190007

Wonder what would be required for Harry to add it?

A good reliable rating system should allow one vote and only one vote for each company by a member unless the vote is being changed (upgraded or downgraded). I'm not sure how hard that is to set up, but I have seen sites that say "You have already voted" if you forget and try to vote again. By allowing only one vote per member for each company, it prevents someone for "stacking the deck" for or against a company.
And the rating system could then just tell viewers to go to the Forum and do a search for that company's name to see feedback on th company.

Reply by Harry [NR] on 5/14/07 12:42pm
Msg #190075

Re: Wonder what would be required for Harry to add it?

Our ratings are a compilation of member ratings (averages). One vote is allowed per member. Our membership is in complete control of a company's rating. So, if you see a company you really like or dislike, vote.

Harry

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.