Notary Rotary
The latest FAAS email - comments, please
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2007 Index

Posted by Sharon Taylor on 11/13/07 3:30pm
Msg #221034

I haven't worked for FAAS in ages - as I recall, one reason was they kept lowering their fees. Anyway, I got the following email today:

Dear First American Signature Services Signing Professional:

As you are by now aware we rolled out our new vendor.fassnotary.com production
platform three weeks ago. Since that time, we have received a high volume of calls
from vendors asking questions about how to navigate through our new site. This
information was presented in the user manual we had sent earlier. We would though
like to offer a training workshop to help you gain comfort with our new system for
any who are interested. If so, please simply email Amanda Worthington at
[e-mail address] and she will send you an invitation for upcoming classes.

We do strongly encourage you to use vendor.fassnotary.com to obtain your signing
confirmations, manage the orders on your schedule and status out orders when they
are completed. Further all FASS Quality Issues must be managed through
vendor.fassnotary.com site. We will not accept calls or emails to question or
dispute FASS Quality Issues. This will offer an efficient means for communicating
with our FASS team and various customers. It will also help to avoid frustrating
long call wait times during peak volume periods while still providing documentation
to support any and all actions you take and your timely communications/notifications
to FASS.

Thank you for your continued commitment to First American Signature Services.
Should you have any questions surrounding training, please email
[e-mail address]. (All other questions should continue to be directed to
First American Signature Services at [e-mail address] or 888-270-3630.) We look
forward to your response!

Sincerely,

Tish Bush
Daily Operations & Vendor Manager
Phone: (888) 270-3630
[e-mail address]

Amanda Worthington
Training Manager
Phone: (714) 250-4006
[e-mail address]

Reply by NCLisa on 11/13/07 3:37pm
Msg #221035

I had to laugh when I read that email today. I used their website and I am very tech savvy, to the point of I build my own desktop computers. There was no way to enter any information after you make that call to them after the closing telling them that it is closed. I still needed to give them tracking info, but it locks you out of that closing. I got a phone call yesterday asking for the tracking info, and I asked the girl if they were revamping the website so she wouldn't spend her days calling for tracking info. I was told that since the inception of the new website, they've been doing more unnecessary work than ever before and they are trying to get the system fixed so it is at least as good as it was.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 11/13/07 3:50pm
Msg #221037

It appears to me to be a means of limiting access to

their personnel due to disputes and other problems. This way you have to deal with what is available through the website. I don't work for FASS, always refused to but just out of curiosity after you go through all the options on the website do you have the option of actually contacting someone who has authority: I would bet not!

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/13/07 4:20pm
Msg #221042

Re: It appears to me to be a means of limiting access to

Right you are, Charles. Once in a while, when they are desperate, they will pay my fee. However, this new website leaves so MUCH to be desired... comes with a 26 pg. manual... ahhhh, I could rant on but it's just much easier to leave FASS go away.

Reply by Mdene_AZ on 11/13/07 5:13pm
Msg #221048

Re: It appears to me to be a means of limiting access to

I have done tons of signings fror FASS and have always gotten my fee. Trust me it is not minimal! But I have what I consider a VERY good working relationship with them and I get paid on time. I do agree with you about the website though. I can't slog my way through it. Just make those calls...

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/14/07 1:34am
Msg #221093

Update...

I wrote a polite letter (yes, it was) advising them of some problems that I had experienced with their website. I figured that in order to fix a problem, you need to know there is one, right? Apparently not. As a result of that, I have been suspended as a FASS notary because the other 15,000 notaries think it's just great. If that is so, one wonders why they feel the need to have a training session.

Reply by MonicaFL on 11/14/07 9:28am
Msg #221118

Some time ago I took their training session - it was a conf call with several notaries and Amanda. After the training, I received an e-mail that I HAD to accept their fee structure or I would no longer be on their "priority" list. I declined. I have not received one phone call from them since, nor do I care. I am not working for peanuts. (I don't like peanuts).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.