Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Any updates on Titlestream / TS National Closing Solutions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to September, 2007 Index

Posted by NorthernNotary JenniferGuinasso on 9/14/07 1:52pm
Msg #211039

A few weeks ago there was a post stating that it was mentioned from an unknown source that TitleStream was on the verge of bankruptcy. No one had any comments to it other then they hadn't heard anything, but based on the comments in signing central it looked like they were in bad shape.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten paid? Or rcvd any new information on the company?

They owe me money .... obviously .... But, I have given up on the collection process. I will wash this one. Too much time spent for what little they owe me from April.

Reply by WDMD on 9/14/07 2:03pm
Msg #211041

Titlestream,,,,,,,home of the $75 reverse mortgage signing. Wish I knew who in my area is taking those. If Titlestream did/or does go under whoever in my area was taking those cheap fees is going to get what they deserve.

Reply by ToniK on 9/14/07 2:06pm
Msg #211043

they called me yesterday

for a reverse mortgage for a fee of $1xx.00. I accepted then came on here and saw the bad info and called them back and said I wont be doing the signing. Whewwww

Reply by staceycc99 on 9/14/07 2:16pm
Msg #211044

Re: they called me yesterday

I did a signing for them on 4/30/07 and finally received payment on 8/31/07. I think they do pay it just takes too long.

Reply by NorthernNotary JenniferGuinasso on 9/14/07 2:29pm
Msg #211046

Re: they called me yesterday

I did a land sale for them and they paid me good, better then they offer for an entire loan signing! It was 3 pages, took 5 minutes. Too easy ... I should of known it was too good.
I have spent 10 times the time amount I spent driving, at the signing and driving home... just trying to collect!

Reply by Margaret_FL on 9/14/07 3:06pm
Msg #211051

They took over 60 days to pay me, but only after I contacted the lender. It was a reverse mortgage and the fee was very good.

Reply by ToniK on 9/14/07 3:37pm
Msg #211063

message I received after refusing signing from Matt

I was just following up. Nacoma explained to me that you were concerned about payment. Let me assure you that notaries are being paid and in a more timely fashion than what has been in the past. As good faith we are going to pay you directly from the file when it funds. I hope this helps. If you still decide not to complete this closing please shoot me an e-mail. If I do not receive a reply I will take it that you are still doing this closing. Thanks

They are claiming they pay a net 30 now!

Reply by CaliNotary on 9/14/07 5:03pm
Msg #211084

Re: message I received after refusing signing from Matt

That's what I was assured a few months ago. So I decided to take the chance, there hadn't been too many recent posts on here about them at the time.

Needless to say, 30 days came and went. It took a few phone calls but I managed to get paid at about 45 days, which never would have happened if I hadn't been diligent and lucked out into getting the cell phone number of the guy who cuts the checks. Which I posted on this board, hint hint.

After what I've seen on this board since then, I wouldn't get near them with a 10 foot pole.

Reply by MichiganAl on 9/14/07 6:31pm
Msg #211113

I've done some signings for them in the last month

I've read mixed messages about them as well, but I'm giving it a shot. It's been less than 30 days and I personally don't worry if it takes 45 or 60, just as long as I know when to expect payment. We shall see. They've been nice, they met my fee, they're very hands off about letting me do my job, it's been a good experience so far. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 9/14/07 6:49pm
Msg #211115

Re: I've done some signings for them in the last month

Within three days last month, TitleStream sent me checks for more than $1,200; three different checks.

They are good and honorable people, and I trust them.

The exigencies of business are such that sometimes people go under. That may happen to TitleStream, and if it does, they may wind up owing people money. Until then, I'm going to take all their business I can get. And if I end up being owed for a few closings, I figure the hundreds of closings I got before that will balance any I'm shorted.

Reply by Tammy Hamm on 9/14/07 3:58pm
Msg #211066

It took me months but T.S National Closing Solutions did pay me the entire balance that they owed me over 700.00.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 9/14/07 6:58pm
Msg #211118

In today's climate to let one owe you over 3 or 4 hundred

dollars over a 30 day period is certainly putting your money at risk. We see today that EFS went boots up and the chances of collecting anything are I would imagine on the slim side. There are those on this list that will say that 45-60 days is money in the bank, the only question is. Whose bank will that money end up in?
30 days should be plenty for an organization to settle up its debts. My mortgage company expects me to settle up each 30 days and I expect the SS's and TC's to do so also

Reply by Maria King on 10/29/07 9:23pm
Msg #218822

Re: Any updates on Titlestream / TS National Closing Solutio

I closed a loan for Titlestream 9/12/2007 and received payment on 9/17/2007. Thus far I have had no problems.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 10/29/07 11:14pm
Msg #218836

Did a closing 10/8; paid 10/25. Have done five since 10/20. All were reverses. I charge more than $75.

Titlestream many times has taken months to pay me. They have always paid. I will take whatever closings they offer me.

Reply by Kimber/TN on 6/28/08 11:26am
Msg #253487

Here's a recent update for you!
Ok fellow notaries... I'm going to give it to you STRAIGHT. This so-called "company" is FULL OF CRAP!! I made a HUGE mistake by accepting work from these people on a desperate day in February. At that time, in February, I read MIXED reviews about this place online. It seemed like the WORSE CASE SCENARIO would be that I'd be paid in 90 days. I decided to give 'em a shot. So naive of me!!! 90 DAYS IS HARDLY THE CASE!!! I closed a loan for them WAY back on 2-21-08. As of today, I have YET to receive payment from them. I've called only twice to inquire about it, but it was obvious these people were just telling me "anything" to get me off the phone. I've also emailed the company's VP and Matt Blackmon, the "kind" voice who hired me for the job, as advised on another thread, in order to get my payment faster. THAT didn't work AT ALL. I received a call around the end of March from some guy named Brooks, stating that I'd be paid the first week of May. That's obviously come and gone. Then I received another call from this Brooks person the beginning of June, stating I will definitely get paid, blah blah blah, lies lies lies. I wasn't even really listening because I KNEW it was bullcrap. I have faxed them my invoice almost daily for about a month now. I'm going to step it up to twice per day starting next week.

CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THEM... THEY SUCK ________ (you can fill in the blank with your own choice of word there!) Now that's STRAIGHT TALK. Is this post unprofessional???? Perhaps... but I am extra pissed out this. Titlestream and the con-artist Maurice Coleman, of Coversign have been the ONLY TWO places to stiff me for my services like this. THEY ARE SUPER UNPROFESSIONAL in the way they conduct business. The gloves are off with these clowns.

JUST SAY "HELL NO" TO THEM!!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.