Notary Rotary
Reverse Mortgage Certification
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2008 Index

Posted by LynnNC on 8/6/08 2:28pm
Msg #258927

Where can a person become certified in reverse mortgage closings?

Reply by Nomad/OR on 8/6/08 2:29pm
Msg #258928

Bancserve website had/has an online training course

but I haven't heard of a certification. I've done one without it.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/08 2:31pm
Msg #258929

May I ask who is asking you for "certification"? Most of this is coming from companies selling a course. It isn't necessary. Does NC have certification or licensing requirements for notaries?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/6/08 2:46pm
Msg #258941

I have done many RM's, including for BOA. No tc or lender has ever asked for "certification".
As it has been stated, it is another marketing tool, and isn't needed unless you feel you need training in that particular area.

Reply by LynnNC on 8/6/08 3:37pm
Msg #258955

Placer Title/NCS

I called to make sure that I was set up in their system to handle closings. They sent me new vendor forms to fill out. The first page of the Notary Profile asked for Licenses/Certification Information, with items to check including Notary Public, Certified Loan Closer and Certified Reverse Mortgage.

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/6/08 7:47pm
Msg #259019

Lynn, why not enlighten Betsy and inform her that this

designation only exists in PTC/NCS higher ups minds and not in the real world?

I would also alert her to the fact that there are scamers in this business trying to make money off of unsuspecting notaries selling bogus certification...the XYZ included, IMHO. Does anyone remember the JackBag from NC that constantly spamed us about his RM certification, then got real nasty and said he would gladly take your name out of his database that sooooo many TCs used? I wonder where he is today? Hmmmm.

Seriously, Lynn, Betsy is a super lady and I'm sure a couple of letters of reference from RM brokers and LOs should do the trick. And, let her know that you have reviewed Brenda's ebook. I let new clients know that all Florida NSA Network members are required to read and study the RM handbook. I just picked up a new client this week because of it!

Reply by LynnNC on 8/6/08 10:44pm
Msg #259045

Re: Lynn, why not enlighten Betsy and inform her that this

Betsy Kritzon is no longer with Placer Title - the signing coordinator manager is now Kristen Meyer.

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/7/08 12:09am
Msg #259052

No friggen way! Kristen was the right hand gal to Judy and..

the first person I hugged when I was finally laid off in January 2004. (I was so happy to go back to Florida!) I know a few that left NCS/PTC to go to work for ART and my thoughts ands prayers are with them now.

I'm quite sure that Judy has let go everyone that is not in her immediate family, or friends and that is really sad for the people that stuck it out for her. Betsy was a great vendor relation manager, an excellent employee and a true stand up human being. Betsy was the best part of NCS.

I'm really so sad to hear this, I'm speechless.

Judy, set the record straight.

Reply by NCLisa on 8/6/08 10:11pm
Msg #259040

I officially certify you as a loan closer and reverse

mortgage closer! So now you are certified.

Reply by LynnNC on 8/6/08 10:44pm
Msg #259046

Thanks Lisa! n/m

Reply by WDMD on 8/6/08 2:33pm
Msg #258931

I've done several reverse mortgages without any certification. They are not difficult, is someone requesting you get certified?

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/6/08 2:35pm
Msg #258934

Re: Reverse Mortgage Certification????

This is a bogus certification just like NSA, field inspector and the many others some are trying to make money on. The only legit "certification" I was ever aware of was through ART. It was an in-house designation and you had to pass a test to close HECMs for them. I would suggest you get Brenda's ebook and study it. You will learn more from her ebook then you would in any bogus course.

http://www.texnotary.com/forsale/reverse_mortgage_notebook.htm

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/6/08 3:21pm
Msg #258951

Yep yep...Brenda's book - best money I ever spent! n/m

Reply by KODI/CA on 8/6/08 6:44pm
Msg #259003

Re: Yep yep...Brenda's book - best money I ever spent!

Me too. I am a newbie and it was tremendously helpful. Great Job Brenda!

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/6/08 6:57pm
Msg #259006

Thank you for the kind words.

Part of the writing of it was sheer vanity. I just wanted to do it. Part of the reason I wrote it is I wanted it out there at a reasonable price ($9.95) for notaries before someone else did it for $79.95.

The funniest email I have received about it was an offer by another notary who was going to make a Reverse Mortgage CD for notaries and charge $59.95 for it. My book could "star" in the CD. I'd get $9 for each of those $59 CDs she sold. I said, "well, um, no thank you...I wanted notaries to be able to get the information for $9.95...not $59.95.

I never did see that CD appear. Wonder if they were low on "content" for it without the book? My loss, I suppose...could have gotten $9 (and of course, she could have kept $50).

Smile

Reply by WDMD on 8/6/08 7:04pm
Msg #259011

Re: Thank you for the kind words.

"I never did see that CD appear. Wonder if they were low on "content" for it without the book? My loss, I suppose...could have gotten $9 (and of course, she could have kept $50)."

What the hell is wrong with you Brenda? That sounds like a bargain SS deal if I ever saw one.

Reply by RickinVA on 8/6/08 3:37pm
Msg #258954

BECCA WHAT?? Re: Reverse Mortgage Certification????

What do you mean, there is no certification for reverse mortgages? I'll have you
know that right now, in my hot, liverspotted hand, I have a real certificate entitled
"Certified Reverse Mortgage Signing Agent"! It is even signed, and has a gold seal. It
certifies that I "has trained and tested and demostrated superior knowledge with..."
etc, etc.and it is signed by a (PK) Quality Assurance Supervisor at a well known
used to be SS. So There!! <g>

Rick

Reply by Cam/CA on 8/6/08 5:06pm
Msg #258980

Re: Liverspotted Rick? I had a mental picture of you being

Reply by RickinVA on 8/6/08 5:34pm
Msg #258986

Re: Liverspotted Rick? I had a mental picture of you being

Cam, will you marry me? Actually, in this era of full disclosure, if you
double that, and add a few, you would be closer. (The offer still stands,
however. I think I can convince my wife she'd be better off.) She still
thinks she would be better off. (Think being the operative word.)
Uhh, how old are you? Got lots of money? I'm kinda high maintenance.

Rick

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/6/08 7:03pm
Msg #259009

Alas and alack. Me Too, Cam. Sigh. :) n/m

Reply by RickinVA on 8/6/08 7:16pm
Msg #259013

Re: Alas and alack. Me Too, Cam. Sigh. :)

Now, Now. I think I mentioned one time that I was stationed at Bryan in the mid
50's. Maybe you missed that post. Some people IN Bryan still remember me! So, you had
your chance! <VBG>

Rick

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/6/08 8:20pm
Msg #259026

Re: Alas and alack. Me Too, Cam. Sigh. :)

*So, you had
your chance! <VBG>*

I don't think I was around during those years. Smile

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/6/08 7:37pm
Msg #259017

Well, Rick, I am as jealous as jealous could be!

You MUST be soooo proud of your designation. I know I would be. Wink

Reply by RickinVA on 8/7/08 8:29am
Msg #259060

Re: Well, Rick, I am as jealous as jealous could be!

Becca, of course I'm proud of it! I took it to my local coffe shop and got my normal
buck fifty beverage and after showing that great certificate around, they only charged
me a buck ninety five! I'm ecstatic!

Rick

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.