Viva..atononmy!
Notary Discussion History

Viva..atononmy!
Go Back to August, 2008 Index

Posted by Les_CO on 8/23/08 9:42pm
Msg #261518

Viva..atononmy!

Okay I acquiesce..Viva, autonomy! Lets ask Harry
To change the name of this board to... "Notary Gossip Incognito"?
I’ve gotten a lot of negative comments about giving little credence to anonymous posters. Apparently many think I should KNOW that there are some anonymous fathead, idiot, posters, and some that are just wonderful, perceptive, wells of knowledge? I missed the part of how one establishes this. Read every post? I admit to not doing this….If it’s a question about a Montana Notary, I usually skip it. And as for most “anonymous” posts I dismiss them out of hand, unless they are answering a post of mine. I have only been a paying member since 2004, maybe I missed something? What do you think? We can all post our innermost thoughts, and dreams, with no worry about pesky questions about our truthfulness. Like…I get 5 $500 signings a day, I just bought a magnetic sign from PAW to put on my Rolls. ( Sorry Paul, but Florida being what it is, I always wanted to ask that!) We can all call ourselves “deep throat” say 1 to 10,000, and we can all post whatever comes into our heads with no regard to the truth. No, we may not learn much, but it would be fun.
What? You don't like the name? or the concept? Am I in trouble AGAIN???

Reply by jba/fl on 8/23/08 9:52pm
Msg #261520

"but Florida being what it is, I always wanted to ask that!"

What is Florida to you? I'm not quite getting this point. Would you explain further, please?

Reply by Les_CO on 8/23/08 10:29pm
Msg #261525

I like here in CO with the clod kickers. FL to me is Miami Vice..Boca Raton...South Beach.. Coconut Grove.. Limos...Rolls.. Ferrari's..Lamborgaini's etc. Here PAW would sell a sign to go on a pick-up.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/23/08 10:44pm
Msg #261531

That is parts of S. FL! ROFLMAO!

Paw sells to compacts, pick-ups and much in between I'm sure. Haven't seen many of these cars on the streets here in Orlando; mostly Jags, beemers, Mercedes on the high end, and then there are the PU trucks. The BIG monster ones too! We're a cattle state as well as truck farming, we flood in our flatlands - oh, wait, we are all flat, flat and sinkholes until they fill and become lakes. There is only one city that could be considered cosmopolitan, and I don't think it is Miami, and I'm not even sure of that statement. I may be over-reaching.

We have good 'ole boys across all social strata and we are a wonder sampling of all the nothern states who have been abandoned for various reasons, but certainly not as kooky as CA. You need to visit here sometime, but stay away from Miami and Disney World and see the real Florida by car. Let me know, and I'll help you with a plan to see the greatest places with great people, and with interests that jive with yours.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/23/08 11:15pm
Msg #261539

I have a high school friend that retired in Lady Lake, said there wasn't much of a lake (there may be now?) My sister-in-law lives in Cay Biscane? Last time I was in FL no one there spoke Spanish, and we stayed on a little place called Anna Maria Cay, on the West Coast. I went to grade school there for a short time, had the best teacher in the world. Told us we didn't have to wear shoes. I'd love to revisit, and I'm jealous!!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/23/08 11:17pm
Msg #261540

I am not far from Anna Maria

I am just south. Call me when you get here, I'll show you the real (non-Miami vice)Florida!

Reply by MonicaFL on 8/25/08 11:51am
Msg #261670

If your friend who retired in Lady Lake retired actually in The Villages (of which part of it is considered to be part of Lady Lake, then there are LOTS of lakes on the 9 championship golf course and 26 executive courses! I know, I live here with about 60,000 other people. Its paradise for golfers and tennis players.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/25/08 1:12pm
Msg #261689

My friends live on Maple Drive 32159-7202. Moved there about a year ago, said at the time something about a drough? But I had heard your last Tropical Storm left a lot of rain in that area? They LOVE it there, not a snow shovel in sight.

Reply by MichiganAl on 8/23/08 10:32pm
Msg #261526

"What do you think?" - Since you asked

I think you still sound bitter and whiny.

Reply by Lisa Prestegard on 8/23/08 10:35pm
Msg #261527

You took the words out of my mouth, Al n/m

Reply by Les_CO on 8/23/08 10:36pm
Msg #261529

Re: "What do you think?" - Since you asked

Not bitter...maybe a touch whiney? At least you have my respect for posting in full view. Things as good in Detroit as they are on PA?

Reply by MichiganAl on 8/24/08 12:46am
Msg #261549

Wayne County (Metro Detroit) is one of the hardest hit areas in the country. High foreclosures, high unemployment, high inflation, lots of signing agent competition. But I still manage to do this full time as my only income, pay my two house payments, two utility payments, two tax payments, car, and food, with a little left over. All without working for cheap. Am I making six figures like I used to? No. Am I making a better living than I ever thought I would when I started this. Damn skippy I am.

I don't like anonymous posters either. But if this is still about Sue, again, to most of us she's not anonymous. We know her, we know her word.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/08 1:26am
Msg #261553

It ain't about Sue. I don't know her, I've never met her, I have nothing against her (except the anonymous thing, that I can't quite get around) I have not read all her posts, and as far as I can tell she will never have any impact on my life or business. If she's in this boat with us, I wish her well.
One of my best friends lives in Sterling Hights, one of his son's is here in Denver working below his talent level because things aren't so great in Detroit? I was just curious. I went to High School out side Philly, (Delhaas) still have some friends there, they say it sucks.
Glad you are keeping by.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/23/08 10:35pm
Msg #261528

Wow...where the he** did that come from?

You really needed to start ANOTHER thread for this rant?

Well, here you go...you said "Apparently many think I should KNOW that there are some anonymous fathead, idiot, posters, and some that are just wonderful, perceptive, wells of knowledge? I missed the part of how one establishes this. Read every post? I admit to not doing this".....

Well, that's exactly what you proved with the comments you made - you obviously didn't read enough (or pay attention enough) to see exactly what Sue has to offer and HAS offered this board more often than not - you didn't read her posts and yet felt free to slam her...THAT'S the problem ... and if you'll do it once you'll do it again and no one is immune....and IMO yes, if you're going to attack another's character, you should at least do your homework and make sure you've got your facts straight.

Sue's not anonymous....Anonymous posters are anonymous - Sue, as many others, has merely chosen not to link her profile...her prerogative....her business...to make the judgment you made based on an unlinked profile is just outrageous.

And this rant? I think you need to back off for a while and get a grip...or get a hobby or something....

Wow...

Reply by Les_CO on 8/23/08 11:03pm
Msg #261536

Re: Wow...where the he** did that come from?

Yeah..why not? This has NOTHING to do with SUE in PA!!! I posted something that was true here in Denver, and she answered saying something about what she does in PA. It was about a Reverse Mortgage application. I've never done one, and do not know that they entail. Just that someone here was offering low bucks for the job.
I do however have a problem with anonymous posters. If you know Sue she's not anonymous to you. Sorry you don't like my views, but yes as I admitted, I usually dismiss, out of hand, what anonoymous posters offer here. Perhaps I'll go back and read now all I missed? Would that be a good hobby?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/23/08 11:10pm
Msg #261538

Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is out but I suppose it MIGHT help...

Reply by Les_CO on 8/23/08 11:26pm
Msg #261541

Now you tell me! Mistletoe used to go to the water trough (a bathtub rigged with a toilet float, for auto fill) and swish her head back and forth emptying the thing and then watch as it refilled. It was great fun for her, but made the corral a mess, and I always closed the barn door after she was out. God! We learn something new here every day (if we just read the posts!!)

Reply by ZeeCA on 8/23/08 11:48pm
Msg #261543

LES: The more you post the more you reveal how you have

so much in common with the other ss drivel pushers. You come across as not just whiny but mean and pretty nasty.

and no, don't bother PM'g me again with more nasty, hate-filled drivel.

reading your ongoing posts feels like you are a ss pushing YOUR views instead of enjoying that there are diff opinions/styles.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/24/08 1:09am
Msg #261552

Re: LES: The more you post the more you reveal how you have

Bobbie, you PM'd me and I answered. I would gladly post my answer here, with your permission...? "Hate filled drivel?" hardly. Drivel? perhaps..depends on your view point.
No, I'm NOT a SS. Do I understand their role, their risks, their rewards? Yes I think I do. Do you? If you think I'm a "shill" for any SS you are mistaken. Do I think that those of us that have been in this business, and want to remain here need to fully understand all the intricacies that we must deal with, now and in future...Yes!
I would agree that in my posts I do expound MY views. Would you perhaps be more confortable if I were to "push" your views?
I do enjoy the different views, and styles, even yours.

Reply by Maureen_nh on 8/23/08 11:54pm
Msg #261545

I just found out that Les was a lady.
Hon you need a reality check, yes this business is tanking. BUT it has happened before and yes Sue is some sort of gosh darned wonder woman. If she wasn't so damned nice I would hate her.
We had what we call around here, blueberry years.
More work than I could handle, nice to have lots of disposable income to enjoy the fruits of my labors with. Wish I could have put more in the bank and been able to keep what I did.
Back to where it started--people with contacts got called and you worked to get in the loop.
I could travel 100 miles round trip and still make money with a $75 overnight fee.
All gone
However I always knew (from previous ups and downs) that this was not a source of income that could depended on for bread and butter. This was jelly and jam income.

Reply by RickinVA on 8/24/08 6:53am
Msg #261560

Might take you awhile!

<Perhaps I'll go back and read now all I missed? Would that be a good hobby?>

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 8/24/08 6:55am
Msg #261561

As I Intimated in My Reply...

...to you earlier, I've never liked the NotRot setup which allows for anonymous posting. I've railed against that facet of this message board for years as others will attest & would love for Harry to change it to where you have to link to your public profile in order to post. If you're the "burr under the saddle" who can get that changed more power to ya! Having said that the fact remains this IS one of the current NotRot parameters. Like you I have a tendency to just ignore the anonymous postings. I won't pass by Sue's postings however because she's proven herself to me in more ways than one. She chooses to post anonymously for her reasons & I won't be critical because she does. That doesn't mean I'll set aside my own opinion that anonymous postings in general lowers the level of discourse.

Reply by Les_CO on 8/25/08 11:42am
Msg #261667

Re: As I Intimated in My Reply...

I wish I would have said that Dennis. Concise and to the point. It would have saved me a lot of typing.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 8/25/08 12:53pm
Msg #261684

I've "Been There"...

...when it comes to not being able to adequately express myself on occasion. I look back on something I've typed & say "what was I thinking?"...wishing I could re-word my thoughts to make a better case in a debate. You know, I'll probably do it again one of these days!

Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.