Notary Rotary
ASAP Processing Services - RMC application
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to July, 2008 Index

Posted by Pierces Notary Services on 7/18/08 8:41am
Msg #255759

I have my first reverse mort application for this company. Is there anything I need to be aware of? Has anyone worked for this company before? If so, g/b/u?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/18/08 8:48am
Msg #255763

They're also Upstate Capital - or were last summer - Did one app for them then through that entity - at that time they promised payment the Friday following the day they receive the completed package and you have to pay for package shipment through USPS and bill them - they reimburse - took them almost 60 days to pay and when I pursued it they got irritated and removed me from their database. I've read elsewhere from others that they're taking longer and longer to pay - they did, however, finally pay in full.

Just a quick bit of advice - if they follow the same procedure they did with me do youself a favor and spring for the extra few pennies for delivery confirmation on the package....it's your only proof when they got the package back.

Good Luck!!

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 7/18/08 9:01am
Msg #255766

Thanks for the advice - are the borrowers usually aware of what they need to provide. I'm at work right now scanning through the package in between other things I'm doing and it appears that I am supposed to provide copies of items but I don't have a copier to take with me to do this so I'm wondering if the borrower is informed of this information ahead of time. This package is 195 pages also - geez - is that the lender and borrower copy? I'm still scanning through the package.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 7/18/08 9:08am
Msg #255767

The first 60 or so pages get signed...the rest are copies for the applicants.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/18/08 9:11am
Msg #255769

Thanks Pa_Notary_II...they must have changed their

procedure sinced I did anything for them...like I said they don't call me because I insisted on getting paid...<G>

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 7/18/08 9:11am
Msg #255770

Thanks - I just noticed that - that was a relief - I thought geez I'll be there for hours LOL - This is my first one as a I said so wasn't sure what to expected.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 7/18/08 9:10am
Msg #255768

195 pages??!! That sounds more like the final

signing to me...the app I did was nowhere near that large...I believe the one I did was about 50 pages, give or take.

As to copies, I always ask the people if they have the copies but I do have a portable copier that I take with me if need be - the one I did they had some of the copies but I needed my copier for some other items.

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 7/18/08 9:16am
Msg #255773

Re: 195 pages??!! That sounds more like the final

that's my problem - I don't have a copier - I would have to send the originals back to the company as I have done with some other refi applications I have done.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 7/18/08 9:18am
Msg #255774

Mary: check your PM n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 7/18/08 9:19am
Msg #255775

The borrower has been notified that he/she is to send copies of items. Prior to going, why don't you call BO and tell them your list of things to pick up? Even tho they have been told, I tell them again and that sometimes saves us all time, which as we know = $$$. If they have fax or email, I offer to send them list to keep them on track. JMHO

Reply by RickinVA on 7/18/08 2:06pm
Msg #255822

As far as copies go, it sems to me that printer, especially color printer/copiers are pretty susceputable to heat. I have a Canon USB (LiDE 70) scanner that I could use, but I would also have to take a laptop. PIA, but it could be done. Print 'em when I get back home/office.

Rick

Reply by Margaret_FL on 7/18/08 4:19pm
Msg #255845

My scanner does not need to be hooked up to a computer/laptop

Reply by Joanne_NY on 7/19/08 6:39am
Msg #255896

I love them! They pay very promptly. The application package contains both the set to be returned and the set for the borrower - only print one. My experiences have been, also, that they will pay even if the application does not get signed, for whatever reason. They do need a list of documents, ie. Drivers' License, Birth Certificate, Deed, etc. I did two closings on 7/1 and 7/11 and was paid on 7/16 for both. Documents early, great to work for.

Reply by Jack Tri on 7/18/08 9:27am
Msg #255779

They also want a copy of Social Security Cards.And drivers license s

Reply by Pierces Notary Services on 7/18/08 9:54am
Msg #255784

Ok - so what do you most of you carry with you to make these copies? Usually if I need to copy an ID I use my cell phone camera or my digital - could that be possible to do this? Or do you have a small copier you take with you?

Reply by janCA on 7/18/08 10:25am
Msg #255785

Many reverse mortgage applicants (anyway, the one's I have done) are not able to get out and make copies of the required items. If you do not have a mobile copier, (I have the Cannon 170) you'll have to find somewhere in the general area that has a copier. After I did this is a couple of times, wasting gas and time, I bought the copier. Purchased it on e-bay for $45. The quality has to be good so I don't know about the cell phone, but the digital may be okay. I know the one RM lender I've done these for, will not accept the cell phone quality.

Reply by Hugh Nations Signing Agents of Austin on 7/18/08 12:20pm
Msg #255808

I rarely have to make on-site copies for any signing, whether reverse mortgage or otherwise, because I emphasize at least twice to the borrowers that I MUST have a copy of their licenses to take with me, otherwise it may delay funding of their loan. For those last-minute assignments when the Bs have not had a chance to make copies, I bought a small portable copier off of e-bay that I carry with me. Paid $25 plus shipping; works fine. I also, after many unpleasant unxperiences, emphasize that we will be shuffling 120-150 pages of documents between us, and we thus will need a good-sized working space, such as a dining table that has been cleared off; a coffee table will not do. Has made untold signings go much smoother when the borrowers are aware of that in advance.

Though I'm not set up with an inverter in my car, like some agents, I do carry a laptop (no aircard) and a small HP printer for those occasions when a HUD or other docs are going to be late. Doesn't work in the country, but in any town big enough for a Starbucks, I can pop in, download the missing docs, and print them either there or at the borrowers' house. It has saved a few signings and/or trips back home to download and print. The printer also came off e-bay, and I think it, too, was about $25 plus shipping.

Reply by Joanne_NY on 7/19/08 6:47am
Msg #255898

I have a small copier - Cannon PC170 which is portable - (has a handle) fits into a tote and I just bring it with me.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 7/18/08 1:02pm
Msg #255817

I worked for them last year and they required me to have a color copier. And NO, the borrower does not know what they need. They have to search for home owners insurance papers, death certificates if widow or widower, tax bills, etc. They give you a list of items they need and most of the borrowers do not have a way to get copies. I bought a Lexmark Scanner, copier for $25. They were great at first and then they took longer and longer to pay (over 60 days)and they stopped calling me because every time they called me, I asked when I was going to be paid. Silly me.

Reply by Rick_NY on 7/18/08 3:40pm
Msg #255835

Pierce's Notary, pls check your pvt msgs -- n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.