Notary Rotary
1 page to notarize, 110 mi RT...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by John Schenk on 8/13/09 5:19pm
Msg #299855

how much would you guys charge? I told'em $100. She said she'd have to get that approved. I bet she would. LOL

If my vehicle and I aren't worth $50 an hour runnin down the road then I'm stayin at home. I charge $0.55 per mi. which would be $60.50 for mileage leaving me getting only about $20 per hour for my time. BTW, I don't expect to get called back. LOL

JJ

Reply by jba/fl on 8/13/09 5:36pm
Msg #299860

Even that was a cheap quote IMO - unless of course it was being done at some fancy restaurant and I was being comped a fabulous meal with all drinks included followed by an overnight stay in a 4-5 stary hotel w/all room charges thrown in also.

One can dream . . .

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 5:46pm
Msg #299865

There's no fancy restaurant where this is, and only a 1/8 star motel with cooties. Besides that, I think it's still a dry county. YOU Definitely wouldn't get this signing. LMAO Too funny!

JJ

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/13/09 5:38pm
Msg #299862

I'd tell them send the doc to the signer and

have the signer find a local notary....cheaper and quicker..

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 5:50pm
Msg #299866

Re: I'd tell them send the doc to the signer and

That's really what they ought to do, although I don't know that it would be any quicker, but it would definitely be cheaper.

JJ

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/13/09 6:39pm
Msg #299878

If there IS a local notary. My thoughts are

that John's talking about a pretty deserted area, notary-wise.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 9:57pm
Msg #299916

Re: If there IS a local notary. My thoughts are

There's a couple bank branches in that town, a couple law offices...they could easily get it notarized at one or the other. I'm sure not an abundance of notaries, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't at least a half dozen in that town.

Needless to say, they didn't call me back, as I expected, but it wasn't going to go until tomorrow evening so you never know. I have a HELOC at 5:30 tomorrow, which was when they wanted to do it. Told'em I couldn't do it until 7:00, as it's an hour drive. Probably nothing lost, nothing gained. It's actually a pretty nice drive. I wouldn't have minded doing it for the fee quoted.

Hope you all have a SUPER day tomorrow and a wonderful weekend!

JJ

Reply by GA/Atty on 8/13/09 5:44pm
Msg #299864

I would charge my regular fee for a full signing n/m

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 5:57pm
Msg #299869

Re: I would charge my regular fee for a full signing

That would have been $175 w/out edocs for a refi, which seemed a little high to me. I knew when I quoted it I most likely would not get it as there's someone here that will probably do this one for $50.

Appreciate the input. Just wondered what the feel on it was out there. I probably priced it a little low, but I guess they caught me at a weak moment. LOL

JJ

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.