Notary Rotary
21 Century Signing
Notary Discussion History

21 Century Signing
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Monique R. Serrato on 8/7/09 11:13am
Msg #299129

21 Century Signing

I just got a call last night needed my services on a modfication. I havent heard from them at all to confirm signing and documents. I have called and left several messages. Has anyone worked with them before?
Text me if so 713-206-9978

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/7/09 11:19am
Msg #299130

Never heard of them, should be fine. Go ahead. n/m

Reply by Monique R. Serrato on 8/7/09 11:28am
Msg #299132

Re: Never heard of them, should be fine. Go ahead.

Hmm.signing time is coming up and I can't get a hold of these people. Don't sound good to me..Frown

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/7/09 11:34am
Msg #299134

I think that Phillip was kidding you a bit. Lots of info

here on 21st Century
Be VERY cautious

Reply by Monique R. Serrato on 8/7/09 11:37am
Msg #299136

Research

Yeah, I posted that after reading everything...Not nice Phillip..Thanks Bob!

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/7/09 11:39am
Msg #299137

Oh that company, so sorry. n/m

Reply by Monique R. Serrato on 8/7/09 11:41am
Msg #299138

Re: Oh that company, so sorry.

No worries! Smile

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/7/09 12:06pm
Msg #299144

ROFLMAO! I LOVE dry humor...Thanks Philip. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/7/09 11:47am
Msg #299141

Re: Research

If you posted that after reading everything, then didn't you already have a clue to what the answer would be?

This company is discussed EVERY day just the past week alone. EVERY day. I don't understand how you would even consider?

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/7/09 12:45pm
Msg #299153

BEST 21st Century post and thread yet..still getting coffee

out of nostrils Phillip.

Reply by Riley/FL on 8/7/09 11:47am
Msg #299140

I got a call from them last month for a "loan remodification". I told them, "Sure, send me a confirmation, I charge $XXX. The caller said OK and never confirmed. 3 days later I got email docs for the job. I sent it back saying "sorry, not confirmed, no can do" Have'nt heard from them since. Hopefully I'm offf their list.
This is SOP for these guys.

Reply by jfs/IL on 8/7/09 1:13pm
Msg #299157

Be careful of this outfit they are on the blacklist.
Every time someone complains about a company and a few more individuals have the same complaint, I document that company for quick reference in the smaller folio on my desk. Listing these companies also helps me make a quick decision if and when they call

Reply by Linda/IL on 8/7/09 2:36pm
Msg #299174

They called me the other day to do a modification and I told them no, and the girl repeated "no you can't, can you tell me why?" and there were people in the background laughing. So I guess they were expecting the turndown.

Reply by Kay/IL on 8/7/09 2:48pm
Msg #299175

They called me at least 3 times this week. When I spoke with them yesterday, I told the young lady that her company has a very shady reputation when it comes to paying notaries and to check out the various notary board forums for comments. She said "I did know know anything about this" and that she will notify her boss.

Hmmmmmm.......we'll see.

Reply by CF on 8/7/09 3:41pm
Msg #299178

Kay/IL you are missing the point....

this company is taking money from people and is not legal in most states to solicit their business. People are out thousands of dollars for their supposed modification that will never come through. Additionally, they have not paid notaries. Do not work for them....it is illegal. I would not want my name connected to this company for any reason!

Reply by Kay/IL on 8/7/09 7:27pm
Msg #299201

How Am I Missing The Point?

I said 21st Century was trying to contact me to do a loan modification for them. After I told them point blank about reading about their shady reputation from various notary and business websites (and to check it out for themselves), I informed them I would not be doing any notary work for them.

Reply by CF on 8/8/09 8:35am
Msg #299250

From your post...

I thought the only reason that you would not work for them was b/c of payment issues to notaries. Which is valid. However, the big picture is they are operating illegally in most states. That was all I way trying to say Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 8/7/09 2:53pm
Msg #299176

Would you seriously expect someone to text you to warn you if a co. if good or not?
IMO, the research is your responsibility and there's plenty of info available.

Reply by LindaD/NJ on 8/7/09 3:14pm
Msg #299177

This is a good thread. They just called me about an hour ago

told the girl, "I do not work for you" . Caller i.d. said customer service. Yeah right.

Reply by Lucy/IL on 8/7/09 4:43pm
Msg #299182

Re: This is a good thread. They just called me about an hour ago

Please beware of this company! I have read alot of bad about them on websites. I have also had a couple of bad experiences. One time they called and I said yes to the job, I called to confirm the apt. and the customer said they had no idea what I was talking about. Then a couple weeks later I did accept another apt. Well received a check fairly quickly, but it bounced. Of cours this also made my ckg. acct. OD, so not to happy. I have tried to get repayment but nothing yet. From what I read they might send another payment but it will bounce. Iv'e read alot of bad about them so be cautious!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.