Notary Rotary
2st century's new name
Notary Discussion History

2st century's new name
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Stamper_WI on 8/4/09 4:29pm
Msg #298667

2st century's new name

Got a call from a man whose number traces back to an employment agency in Manhattan , NY. Said they are "processors" for attorney's doing loan modifications. He said he is a subcontractor. The attorneys are to busy so they handle the paper work. When informed he had to be registered to the state, he repeated the subcontractor thing. Well His company is called Fidelity Modifications. That web site has a link to Fidelity Group....in Los Angeles. When you check out thier Address, which is the 24th and 25th floor of 1801 Century Park East, with the CA DRE at least one interesting name comes up. Mindy Sue Holt. Her Former business was Fidelity Financial Real Estate at 9607 BUSINESS CENTER DR BLDG 13 STE D
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA 91730. That is 21st Century's address.
From the list I have seen so far, there are no attorneys mentioned

Reply by MW/VA on 8/4/09 4:34pm
Msg #298668

Then how were they operating under "2st Century Legal Services"????

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/4/09 4:46pm
Msg #298669

I just accepted an assignment from them. I wanted to

have all information including docs in hand that had my name on the confirmation and all instructions from them on what my role was in this process and what borrowers are supposed to do like having 3-4 checks, not making payments to their current lender etc etc etc. I felt like I had to accept this so I could get this information to turn it over to whoever will listen to me, like AG office in IL, States Attorney's office, Dept of Consumer Affairs etc etc. I didn't think they would even give me a second thought if I told them that "I heard they were doing this in my area". I had to have proof.

No, I am not actually doing this assignment. I have already turned it back in to them and told them no thank you, but I have the ammunition in my hands to go forward in turning them in. This company is such a rip off. My only wish is that I could warn the borrower. Is it really really wrong to just tell them to maybe google them and let them make an informed decision?

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/4/09 4:53pm
Msg #298673

Have you thought this through?

First if I was the customer and some well intentioned soul took my paperwork down to Springfield to bust an organization, I'd be a tad unhappy. Secondly, my wrath would not be aimed at the company that I started to deal with, but with the avenger who took my stuff to start the crusade, without my knowledge or permission.

If I were you I'd find a lawyer/someone you trust and run this idea by them, before I went to Springfield. We had a saying in the Army that might come in handy for you.

"Keep your eyes in your own lane"

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/4/09 5:00pm
Msg #298676

Re: Have you thought this through?

I'm one step ahead of you Phillip. I have an appt with my personal attorney in the morning to go over some other personal things and will bring this with me. I already told him that I had something else I wanted to run by him. He is a trust and real estate attorney and he will be interested in this. And, NO, I will not use these borrowers names at all. I would never, ever do that. I love my job too much and would never put a borrower in any kind of issue I have with a company.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/4/09 5:10pm
Msg #298678

Make sure you tell your lawyer

how you got the docs, I can imagine it should go something like this:

Well first I told them I'd do the paperwork for them, no problem, go ahead and send it. Then when I got the paper work, I told them that I'd changed my mind and was not able to do it for them. I needed that paper work, so that I could turn them into Springfield and I didn't know any other way to get it, but to lie to them.

Watch for windmills Don Quixote, sometimes they punch back. Especially when you lay your plans out on an open website with your name spelled out on it.

Reply by Cari on 8/4/09 10:04pm
Msg #298708

ummmm who cares if she lays it all out here...

its not like the come on this forum to defend themselves...21st Century are COWARDS!

And if they had actual real attorneys working for with or for them...don't you think they would be some how successful or vindicated in at least of their many lawsuits against them?

...this is a very very bad company and ANY exposure to the proper authorities by any means necessary is a notary's obligation to protect future borrowers from this company!

Keep on doing what you doing Linda! KUDOS!

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/5/09 11:07am
Msg #298754

She should, because law suits work both ways.

By the way where in the IL notary handbook/laws does it say it is the obligation of a notary to protect future borrowers from any company? Since you seem to be so gung ho, perhaps you should join in with her and make it a class action suit.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/5/09 2:26pm
Msg #298797

I'm surprised IL AG will even listen

as I said in a previous thread....the FL AG's office won't even listen to the notary - the complaint must come from the consumer (which makes sense since they're the ones that are being wronged).

Reply by notaryinmo on 8/4/09 4:56pm
Msg #298674

Re: I just accepted an assignment from them. I wanted to

I don't necessarily consider it to be wrong to alert them to what 21st's rep is.

But how do you do that? If you pick up your phone and call them, they have no clue who you are and how you got the information that they are needing financial help. If they have caller id, they can trace your number back if you don't block the number. Even if you did get to talk to them, would they believe that you have their best interest at heart - since they don't know you from Adam?

You could try it though. If these people have gone so far as to contacted or been contacted by 21st, there's no reason for them to lose more by doing business with 21st.

What a predicament!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/4/09 5:01pm
Msg #298677

I know what you mean. There is a fine line there and I just don't want to cross it without opening myself up to a lawsuit. I wish I could and want to so badly, but at this point I feel it is not my place and am not going to.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/4/09 5:12pm
Msg #298679

" I just don't want to cross it without opening myself up

to a lawsuit."

That boat has left the harbor, read your first post.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/4/09 6:21pm
Msg #298688

You might be a little careful about how much info you post. We never know who's reading this board.
I get it--you have to have something concrete as evidence. Remember, however, that I think the complaint has to come from the potential borrower. IMO we haven't been victims in any way--exploited, yes, but not necessarily victims.

Reply by Cari on 8/4/09 10:05pm
Msg #298709

...again...NO ONE FROM 21st CENTURY is on this forum! n/m

Reply by Stamper_WI on 8/4/09 4:51pm
Msg #298671

Don't know. That name doesn't seem to be registered with the DRE. Neither is the new name Fidelity Modifications or Fidelity Group Or US Fidelity Group. When you look it up by address and look at the 24th and 25th floor, Its a bunch of brokers.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/4/09 7:30pm
Msg #298695

I don't know about the docs Linda got, but the docs they sent me this morning were in the name of 21st Century Legal Services. I would imagine hers are most likely the same, but don't know that for sure. Mine just got emailed to me out of the blue. No advance call asking if I would take the assignment. I've never done one of these for them before so they didn't know me from Adam...they just sent me the docs hoping I would do it, I suppose.

Appears to me that they're doing every one of these that they can, while they can, as quickly as they can. I haven't done one for them, and have no plans to do so.

Even if they get a clean bill of health in the actions that have been brought against them they still have a reported history of not paying. That's reason enough to turn ANY of these companies down. I have no personal knowledge of how they pay, or their lack of payment. I have, however, personally seen one of their little packets, which they just up and sent to me with no prior acceptance of the job. I have to tell you that I HAVE seen worse. There's one going around out there that charges much more that says they'll get you either better loan terms OR, OR, OR a DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE. OMG, I almost fell in the floor. I didn't see that in the one from 21st Century, but I didn't really read through it all that closely so it may be in there also, but it didn't stick out like it did on the other one I saw.

Not sure what will happen with 21st Century, but I also don't think they're the worst one out there, as far as these firms go.

JJ

Reply by 101livescan on 8/4/09 8:04pm
Msg #298698

John, and others, we're not exactly robots are we, we passed the notary exam, the background check and took the oath to uphold the laws of the Notary Division of the Secretary of State of California and other states.

I definitely don't think I want to work for companies like this and taint the reputation I have long been respected for.

It's a personal choice. As private individuals we can do whatever work we're comfortable with. The same LO's that originated those loans are working as "modification consultants". I don't know how these sleep!

Reply by Cari on 8/4/09 10:07pm
Msg #298710

sending out client confidential information, w/out

confirming it with the notary is reason enough for the borrower's to sue them...

Reply by 101livescan on 8/4/09 4:48pm
Msg #298670

Good work, Det. Darrow. Thank you for being on the watch of this faltering bridge. This has got to come to end sooner or later.

Reply by jojo_MN on 8/4/09 5:29pm
Msg #298684

See Msg #297790 also n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.