Notary Rotary
Business
Notary Discussion History

Business
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by calipat on 8/13/09 2:10pm
Msg #299803

Business

The last 6 weeks were very busy for me. This week has been dead. Are phones ringing anywhere? Mine sure isn't, sort of enjoying the quiet but starting to get bored and cleaning way too much...LOL!!

Reply by PAW on 8/13/09 2:13pm
Msg #299804

Phones been ringing off the hook this afternoon.

But not for work! It's been the sheriff's department warning us of severe thunderstorms, flash floods and lightning. (We've had a few good ones today.)

Reply by snoopdogMs on 8/13/09 2:18pm
Msg #299807

One today. Refused 2 or 3. Unusually slow this week. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/09 2:18pm
Msg #299806

While July ended up being a fantastic month, my phones are almost silent these past two weeks. I'm not surprised, with the TBW fiasco. Let's hope it will be a strong last two weeks & EOM.

Reply by snowflake/PA on 8/13/09 2:26pm
Msg #299812

Dreadfully slow here. Hope it picks up again soon.

Reply by KimWmsVA on 8/13/09 2:33pm
Msg #299818

I have been dead for a couple of weeks. Hoping that it picks up soon. I have been marketing like crazy!!!

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/13/09 4:05pm
Msg #299842

When interest rates went back down staring around last December, business slowly started picking up and kept many of us pretty busy through spring and most of summer. There is always a lag before the volume in the pipeline (or lack thereof) gets to us. When interest rates started going back up, applications decreased. I think I read that the number of applications has recently increased again, but we probably won't see that increase for a little while. Then we'll probably get into the seasonal slow down that comes with the holidays. Your marketing efforts will most likely also have some lag time until they pay off, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth continuing to do.

Reply by NJW/FL on 8/13/09 4:03pm
Msg #299841

Very slow here also, only one purchase this week and one re-fi tomorrow. I do have 3 tentative for next week. I hope they really happen. I actually have the docs for one on Tues. Needless to say, I will wait to print those.

Reply by Cynthia_CT on 8/13/09 4:14pm
Msg #299845

After being on Vac for two week and coming back to work, things have been slow.

Reply by OR on 8/13/09 5:42pm
Msg #299863

I am doing a fair amount of BoA re doing the Country Wide Loans. I am up this year from last year for this month. If I was an Old Timer then 5 for the week would be very slow. But it is ok for me with field work I am keeping steady. I would like to have 2 to 4 per day but that is just not happening any where. I guess I chime in at slow but steady.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/13/09 8:55pm
Msg #299893

All quiet for me here in Ohio. I have 3 for tomorrow I know they are good to go. The last 2 weeks have been quieter than usual!

Reply by aanotary on 8/13/09 10:38pm
Msg #299925

Glad to know it is not just me. First week of August was very strong. This week very quiet.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.