Notary Rotary
Cogent Closing / Dynamic Field Solutions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by AME Signings AME Signings on 8/20/09 7:45pm
Msg #301114

I did a closing for them on June 24, 2009. On that day, they were Cogent Closing...now, their name is Dynamic Field Solutions. Called their "accounting department" five times and left a message about overdue payment - no response. Emailed them, and received the same message 4 times - "let me look into this". In my opinion, they are less than credilbe, and do not pay......

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/20/09 7:54pm
Msg #301117

Dynamic shorted me twice, and refused to make things right. Boo hiss on Dynamic Field Polutions.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/20/09 8:01pm
Msg #301119

Cogent is a title company in GA. Dynamic Field Solutions is a well known/reported deadbeat signing service that Cogent reportedly began using in late July.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/20/09 8:03pm
Msg #301120

It's possible that Cogent began using Dynamic before late July - I did not become aware of it thru posts here until late July.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/20/09 8:39pm
Msg #301125

If you check Signing Central you will find that Dynamic is a deadbeat & many would only take work from them if paid upfront via PayPal. They must have started using an ss, Cogent, when they couldn't get anyone to take their work. It would be interesting to know if they pay Cogent any better than they paid the notaries.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/09 8:48pm
Msg #301128

What a combination!!

Cogent Closings (think they're a title company) with DFS.....wonder if Maurice Coleman (remember Coversign?) is anywhere in this mix...

Boy, if ever there was a guarantee of not being paid....anyone works for them it's "eyes wide shut"..

MHO

Reply by 101livescan on 8/20/09 10:23pm
Msg #301148

Re: What a combination!!

I recently kicked off an advertising campaign with new information to clients. While going through signing central and one other board's listing of signing companies and title companies, I'd say there are about 20% of these companies who are no longer on the radar screen, Cogent and DFS both had negative ratings from these two resources.

Reply by mwm143 on 8/21/09 8:37am
Msg #301177

It's my understanding that the Cogent owner is a sibling of an upper management employee of their #1 client (lender..if you've ever closed for them, you know who they are) and has some other family tie to Dynamic. The family that plays together gets paid together.

Reply by NVnotary on 8/21/09 3:21pm
Msg #301226

When I didn't get paid by Dynamic Field, their accounting department was the owner. If she doesn't call you back or pay you, there is nowhere else to go.

Reply by Barb25 on 8/21/09 3:33pm
Msg #301231

I did work for Cogent last Oct/Nov and had trouble getting paid. With lots of calls and many unanswered I finally found my way to a gentleman named Todd Erlich. He got me paid for two outstanding invoices in December/Jan timeframe. I don't know if he is still associated with them and I don't know anything about Dynamic Field Solutions. But it may be worth following up. Sorry I can't be more help.

Reply by lowerAL on 4/28/10 11:09am
Msg #333951

The worst company to work for. It took me 60 days to get my check. After many faxes, emails, to Cogent and to Dynamic Field Solutions, and then I was short $10.00. I realize it was only $10.00, but after 60 days past due. I was livid and told them to never call me again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.