Notary Rotary
Confirming appointments
Notary Discussion History

Confirming appointments
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by L.G (Buc) Alboucq on 8/13/09 5:05pm
Msg #299853

Confirming appointments

It now appears that the notaries telephone call to confirm a signing appointment should include: Please have current, unexpired, goverment issued picture identification that is identical to the your name as it appears on your documents.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/13/09 5:08pm
Msg #299854

It goes without saying, should always ask those questions n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/13/09 5:26pm
Msg #299857

Couldn't agree more! Standard spiel. n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 8/13/09 5:30pm
Msg #299859

Sometimes I am left scratching my head at your questions/

statements. Are you sure you didn't just fall off a turnip truck?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/09 6:00pm
Msg #299871

Re: Sometimes I am left scratching my head at your questions/

IMO that last remark was out of line. Why so irritable, Julianne? It isn't our job to judge a post.
Why waste your time on it if it bothers you?

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/13/09 5:37pm
Msg #299861

Only problem is , when you are making the conf call

bwr has no clue how names will be printed on dox.
You won't know either until you receive dox, which may well
be about six minutes before you need to leave for signing.
I usually tell them that lender will likely require copy of their valid
DLs, and to please have them ready.
Gives them a chance to say, I have a ticket, it expired, I lost it, etc. etc.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/13/09 5:51pm
Msg #299867

Re: Only problem is , when you are making the conf call

Right, but while you have them on the phone, before you print docs (you do confirm w/borr, before printing, I hope). I ask them to spell for me how their names appear on their drivers license(s), and I let them know why, so if there are issues it can be addressed sooner rather than later. No amount of rushing, will fix a problem in the making. I also do not ask for copies of DL unless my instructions ask me to do so, which is not very often.

Reply by LynnNC on 8/13/09 7:36pm
Msg #299883

Re: Only problem is , when you are making the conf call

You might not received instructions to obtain copy of DL until you received docs, then it is probably too late. I always ask unless I know the title co doesn't want them, then if I don't need the copies, I just leave them with the borrowers.

Reply by Julie/MI on 8/13/09 5:57pm
Msg #299870

Just thinking about the gem I just got off the phone with

"Hello, Mrs. Grump, I'm the closer that is scheduled to meet (hacking, choke sounds coming from other end of phone, followed by shreaks and a burp) with you and your husband tomorrow at (wat you want???? Mrs. Grump grumbles followed by cough cough, hear gulps of an icy drink going down borrowers throat and another belch from Mrs. Grump. Well Mrs. Grump my instructions say I need to pick up a photo copy of your social security cards and your drivers license or (she interrupts, well you be bringing a copy machine cause I aint' givin you one. i's been out already and I aint going out for you's all can forget about me gettin yous no copies. I gotta sleep with my grandson and when I go to work tomorrow night, I wills then make you a copy but you comin' back to get it. Followed by a drag off a smoke and a slurp and burp. I said I will relay that to the bank and just sat back and wondered how lovely my 10 am will be tomorrow. Told title about the remarks so I won't be in trouble for no copies.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 6:00pm
Msg #299872

LOL I had the same borrowers last week! n/m

Reply by janCA on 8/13/09 6:08pm
Msg #299873

Re: Just thinking about the gem I just got off the phone with

I'd be toting my Cannon PC170 copier. Sure comes in handy with these types of situations.

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/13/09 7:21pm
Msg #299881

Re: Just thinking about the gem I just got off the phone with

I have a lightweight copier I take with me in case the signer doesn't have a home office - many do not or when they're transitioning to the new place they're buying, everything's packed away. It was on sale for $39.99 when I bought it. I used to give the brwr the TC's fax number and let them know to fax a copy to the TC "tomorrow". Now, it works better to print the copy and return it with the loan package.

http://www.frys.com/product/5873443/

Reply by Ocean Pacific Notary Services, Inc. on 8/13/09 6:20pm
Msg #299876

Of course, you would ask that, it is a requirement- see WA notary regs.

Reply by LynnNC on 8/13/09 7:17pm
Msg #299880

I almost never have the documents when I call to confirm, so I don't know how the name appears. I always ask for a copy of their ID unless I am familiar with the title co. and know that I will not need it.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/13/09 8:47pm
Msg #299890

I can't remember the last time I had one which they did not want a copy of the borrower(s) I.D.. I just keep a digital camera in my bag of tricks and snap a pic of their DL's if they don't have a copy. Never had a problem with anyone doing it that way.

JJ

Reply by parkerc/ME on 8/14/09 8:19am
Msg #299951

Same here. When I call to confirm, I always ask them to have a copy, even if I haven't gotten the docs yet. But I also do like John and always keep my dig cam in my purse just in case. However, if I have to use the dig cam, it means I can't drop the docs on my way home . . have to go home and print pix. :-<

Reply by jba/fl on 8/14/09 10:14am
Msg #299977

Parker - why not just email with your report? n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.