Notary Rotary
E Savings Bond - Federal....
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Cari on 8/4/09 1:12pm
Msg #298654

I had a pot client call about needing a notarization on a 'replacement bond' ...apparently he lost the original. It's not a state bond but a federal issued series E bond.

I've never heard of a replacement bond.....has anyone ever heard of this or done one of these?

Thanks in advance!

Reply by PAW on 8/4/09 1:56pm
Msg #298656

Google is your friend

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/research/indepth/ebonds/res_e_bonds_eereplace.htm

Reply by sue_pa on 8/4/09 2:07pm
Msg #298657

I have ... gasp ... for my sister ... who is related to me and is a part of my family !!!!

It's a form that they fill out, sign and you notarize. Straight notary work. What is your question?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/4/09 3:56pm
Msg #298662

I can't resist, Cari. I would be cautious about a "pot client". (hahahehehe)

Reply by Cari on 8/4/09 10:10pm
Msg #298711

I guess the question was if anyone had come across this

as it turns out, I did google after I posted and have since downloaded the form...so we're good...the caller, or potential client or PC...just sounded too dang weird on the other end about all of this which led me to think that maybe somehow he was doing something illegal...I guess all those years as a former state gov't worker has made me more synical of folks...I've got to ease up!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.