Notary Rotary
Equity National Printing Problems
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Deborah Lewellen on 8/23/09 2:19pm
Msg #301397

Hi All, I've worked for Equity for yrs. and last month this happened and has again this month, anyone having this same problems?
here is my email to them:

I printed off this pkg. on Thurs. when it was sent to me, today, Sun. afternoon,
I decided to proof the pkg. to make sure everything was there and discovered that in the Equity pkg.
That only pgs. 1-11 had printed. There was a pg. 12 and it said;
PCL XL error
Subsystem; KERNEL
Error: IllegalOperatorSequence
Position:2

I don't know what this is or why this is doing this, this happened on one of the pkgs. You all sent me for a closing
Last month, and I'd printed it from my laptop, different computer.
I don't what's going on with these files,
What program are you all using to create the PDF?
My son who is a Network Administrator says it's a corrupt file,
The PDF needs to be re-created and resent as I cannot
Print pgs. 11-28.
I went back and tried printing 20-28 and got that done, then it did the same thing again, so I printed one pg. at a time
And got 18 &19 printed. Error coming up again and now pgs. 11-17 I can't get printed.

I'm using Adobe 9.0, the newest and current version of Adobe, I suggest Equity have their Programmers/Administrators do the necessary
Updates to correct this.

Reply by PAW on 8/23/09 7:32pm
Msg #301407

FYI, the latest, current version of the Adobe Reader is 9.1.3, not 9.0, which has some bugs in it. The PCL error could be due to a few different things. One being the creating program didn't create the file correctly (data corruption), the file getting corrupted during upload/download, or the file being created for a newer version than what your have (which I seriously doubt).

I don't know if there are any PCL fixes in version 9.1 and the three updates after that, but it may be worth while update your Reader. (I'm not saying this will fix the problem, but it just may.)

Reply by MW/VA on 8/23/09 8:24pm
Msg #301410

I wouldn't assume the problem is at Equity's end. I've never had a problem downloading & printing their docs. I dumped Adobe Reader 9.whatever & dropped back to 8.whatever. Did Equity email you the docs or did you access them on their website? I know if it were me I would have called & asked them to resend them.

Reply by desktopfull on 8/23/09 10:01pm
Msg #301423

I had the same printing problems with 9.0, when I did the updates the problems ended.

Reply by Deborah Lewellen on 8/24/09 11:23am
Msg #301455

thanks for your help, I let Equity know again, there is a problem, interestingly enough, I had to call Equity from the closing table this morning, and was reiterating the problem over the phone and also about a misspelling of a name on the docs, the borrower heard me telling them about the problem, and he said he had the same error message coming up as well,
Equity did inform me that they are sending it to their help desk.
I also tried to download the Adobe Reader 9.1 this morning 2x's and it came up as an error and said to try later, I don't know what the heck is going on with this darn thing.

Reply by PAW on 8/24/09 12:45pm
Msg #301464

After downloading and installing Reader 9.1, be sure to click on the "Check for Updates..." item in the "Help" menu dropdown. You may need to do this a couple of times to bring your version up to 9.1.3.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 2:23pm
Msg #301479

There has been a problem lately with the updates not installing. I'm not sure what's going on with Reader.

Reply by Norman Tasey on 8/24/09 2:33pm
Msg #301481

Brother printer verses HP

I work with Equity also. I have trouble with their title docs. It only occurs with my HP printer, so I use my Brother without an issue. The pages that will not print properly are usually "faxed" copies of info etc. I found my HP will print these if I direct it to do so one page at a time. This of course is time consuming but does work. Funny that my Brother just spits these out without issue while my HP acts up.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 3:30pm
Msg #301494

Re: Brother printer verses HP

It's usually those few pages that have payoff info on them--something to do with paper size. If I press "go" it does print them. I'm also using a Brother printer. I so resisted them in the beginning & thought HP was the better brand. I had nothing but problems with HP, too finicky on buffering, spooling, whatever. The Brother never hangs up like the HP's did. It was an expensive "trial & error" process to get the right printer for the job. When you're doing several packages per day, you can't afford for the printer to get tempermental.

Reply by pan/nd on 8/24/09 11:24pm
Msg #301547

Re: Brother printer verses HP

Have an HP laserjet 1300.

Prints Equity docs 1st time everytime...without fail or pause..at full speed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.