Esignings
Notary Discussion History

Esignings
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Alice J. Bennett on 8/21/09 1:51pm
Msg #301206

Esignings

Hi Notary Friends.
I need help. The question is how much can I change for esignings Done in Florida? Can you help me? Thanks

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 8/21/09 2:03pm
Msg #301209

it's all in how you negotiate, there is no standard. n/m

Reply by Alice J. Bennett on 8/21/09 2:11pm
Msg #301211

Re: it's all in how you negotiate, there is no standard.

Thanks. but at what amount can you start to negotiate the price...I have no clue. I charge $125 for refi, 1 & 2nd $175.00 that with me doing all the printing and ink used. Now if I have esigning capabilities had to buy laptop, and the dohickie to be able to do them. Shouldn't I be able to charge more? Confused. =).

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/21/09 2:20pm
Msg #301213

are you asking if you could charge more because you bought equipment so you could be "esign capable? I would just charge my normal fee for esigns. If you charge 125.00 w/ edocs then I would leave it at $125 for esign. You should be able to recoup your costs for your laptop and wireless dohickie over time. That's the way I work. It's really up to you. IMHO

Reply by Alice J. Bennett on 8/21/09 2:42pm
Msg #301220

Thanks for getting back to me. I am gathering information. I want to be fair to the client as well as for myself. Thanks for answering me. It helps!

Reply by MW/VA on 8/21/09 2:55pm
Msg #301223

You can try to be fair, but also realistic. It hasn't been my experience that e-signings pay more.
They don't really care that it is costing us more. Many of us charge the same that we do for a standard refi. You can quote anything you want, but whether you get it is another story.

Reply by Alice J. Bennett on 8/21/09 3:44pm
Msg #301233

Thanks you all for answering my question. It is an added expense to be up to date. Do you feel it has made it easier for you?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/21/09 3:49pm
Msg #301235

There's been a lot of discussion on this. You can use the orange search button to pull up some info from the archives.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 8/21/09 3:35pm
Msg #301232

Re: Esignings, I charge my regular fee. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.