Notary Rotary
Ever had this happen to you?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Sandra Clark on 8/24/09 4:54pm
Msg #301509

Received call from a ss on Fri. for a closing tonite - cofirmed w/borrower over the weekend. Get a call this AM from ss, closing not happening - cancel. Then 45 minutes later, another ss calls, can you do a closing tonite at 5? Said yes and he proceeds to give me the county, and then I asked if it was for XXX, he says yes, how did you know. So I proceed to tell him what had happened including the cancellation a short time earlier. To make a long story short, we accepted. Can't be the co. shopping for cheapest ss as the second one is paying us more. Any thoughts on this?

Reply by ME/NJ on 8/24/09 5:03pm
Msg #301513

Could be a couple of things

The first SS may of messed up with TC in the past and when the name popped up they cancelled the deal. Or it could of been cancelled and the scheduler may like to use the other SS.

If you have a good relationship with a scheduler it will make you.

Reply by HKT_TX on 8/24/09 8:17pm
Msg #301529

Re: Could be a couple of things

The same thing happened to me Friday, but the first one was never cancelled! They told me the borrowers name, and I already had it on my schedule with another SS. Called them, and they said it was still on, but then they called Stewart Title and Stewart Title said it had been cancelled with them. I did the job with the other SS and title.

Reply by OR on 8/24/09 10:21pm
Msg #301543

Re: Odd things happen from time to time

I once got 2 calls for the same signing each from a different SS Co. I would have loved to have been able to signed the loan for the 2nd SS that called because she is a lot nicer to work for and pays $$ more. But I had already taken the signing for the first SS Co. that called. It does happen.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/09 1:00am
Msg #301550

Sometimes I wonder if it might be because the borrower is shopping lenders and looking at two different loans. I don't know how they could pull that off in this market, though. Seems that most people have trouble getting one through the system. Nonetheless, I've had some appointments cancel because the borrower was so fed up they were going to try to go with someone else. Most of these end up getting rescheduled, though, probably because the borrowers find out how long it will take to start over - and what has happened with interest rates in the interim.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.