Notary Rotary
FOX SIGNING SERVICES - LIARS!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Keystone_SA on 8/24/09 1:50pm
Msg #301471

Before I even get started, I'll make it clear that I have already begun to legally pursue my money, but just as an aside I wanted everyone to know, although you may know already, that Jill Fox is an outright liar. Richard, who I've dealt with many times in the past, must have caught the lying bug from Jill because he, too, is now a liar. I did a closing for them in June, despite their bad rep, because as I had previously stated, I've only once had a problem getting paid from them. I've tried everything from being nice to being nasty and nothing works. They just lie. It's pathetic that they are still in business. I can't see how all these people have reported them and they still exist. Something has to be done. And, in case Fox Signing is reading this, let me be clear that this is Joanne L. Rezzino. You will pay me my fee, plus I'll recoup collection costs. Jill and Rich, I hope it was worth it.

Reply by C. Wayne Moore on 8/24/09 1:56pm
Msg #301472

If they are located in Ambridge, PA they have a bad rep in Signing Central. You should link your post.

Reply by C. Wayne Moore on 8/24/09 1:57pm
Msg #301473

Thanks for Linking your post! n/m

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/24/09 2:13pm
Msg #301475

Maybe someone out there can help me. I've already filled out most of the Civil Complaint form, but it's asking for a specific statute or ordinance that was violated. What do I fill in on that part? Any help would be appreciated. I've never had to do this before. Leave it to Fox to ruin my great payment streak.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 2:18pm
Msg #301477

You might do a search on this. I think Sue/PA has posted about collection within the state (commonwealth) of PA.
As far as these companies remaining in business, they can only do so as long as they can sucker someone into working for them. You might also want to report it to the tc involved. Some tc's don't continue to use ss that don't pay the notaries. It's worth a shot.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 8/24/09 2:43pm
Msg #301482

see message 297993 n/m

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/24/09 2:47pm
Msg #301483

I appreciate that, but

I've already printed and filled out most of the Complaint. They want a specific statute and that is not mentioned in any previous post that I can find. I'm just looking for someone who has actually filed one and ask that they tell me what statute/ordinance they used. Thank you Smile

Reply by Charles_Ca on 8/24/09 2:53pm
Msg #301487

Re: I appreciate that, but, I don't now about your State

but California has a searchble database of laws at

www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

Perhaps your State does also. they can be tedious reading but there is a wealth of information ther that you can glean stuff from for free

there are also pay sites that have complete cases listed but I'd search for "(your state) laws)

Good luck!

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/24/09 3:26pm
Msg #301492

Thank you

Thanks so much, but as Sue so kindly advised me, it is not necessary to fill in a specific statute or ordinance on this form. Thank you. I will keep this in mind for reference in the future. I've set Wednesday, August 26, 2009 as the deadline for payment or I'm going to meet with my friendly Magistrate. I'll keep you all posted.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/24/09 10:23pm
Msg #301544

IMO you simply have a breach of contract suit, with your confirmation, and emails, being the contract, just as these are for all of us. In a breach of contract case you are normally entitled to your court costs and attorney's fees, provided you can collect them once you get a judgment. You'll have to pay to serve the lawsuit by a sheriff/constable, or possibly by certified mail, restricted delivery, and the filing fee.

Just my lay opinion, of course.

JJ

Reply by John Schenk on 8/25/09 4:45pm
Msg #301617

What if you sue them, serve them, and they don't answer?

In my lay opinion, of course, this may be exactly what happens and then you go over and take a default judgment against them having the court award you your signing fee, prejudgment interest (which is nominal) post-judgment interest at a stated rate in the judgment, and court costs (filing fee, issuance of a citation/summons and service.

Well, you've then got a judgment in your hands...a piece of a paper...so now what do you have to do to make it worth something?

Again, all in my lay opinion....you'll need to abstract that judgment in the county & state where Fox Signing is located. Once the judgment is abstracted you will then need to get out a writ of execution for the sheriff or constable to go out and sieze enough property to cover your judgment from funds raised through a public sale of that non-exempt property. Then, and only then, will you get any money, unless they decide to cough it up after you get the judgment.

You should always consult an attorney for legal opinions, and this is in no way meant to be one. Just my lay opinion.

JJ

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.