Notary Rotary
Flagship Financial Application...anybody do one? TIA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by John Schenk on 8/21/09 5:44pm
Msg #301250

This is through Nations Signature Service and I "think" it's an application for Flagship Financial. I quoted a refi closing. Just wondering how long these take? This was supposed to be at 5:30 and I still don't have an answer yet as to what the hell I'm even doing. LOL Have another one out of town at 7:30 so I may have to blow this one off if I don't get something PRONTO!

JJ

Reply by John Schenk on 8/21/09 7:37pm
Msg #301265

It wasn't an app. It was a last minute refi closing that came through with as a POA signing, which wasn't mentioned. I charge more for a POA, and we didn't agree on a price. It was booked by Nations Signature Closings. They have lost me, and my fiancee, as signing agents in this area, and that's 50% of the signing agents in this area, since there are only 4 that I can find listed. Will write more on it later. Meanwhile, time to go buy the lobster.

Have a great weekend!

JJ

Reply by MikeC/NY on 8/21/09 9:07pm
Msg #301285

Just curious...

Why do you charge more for a POA signing? Do you really feel it involves enough extra work to justify a higher fee?

Hope you enjoyed the lobster... They grow lobster in Texas??? Smile

Reply by John Schenk on 8/22/09 8:59am
Msg #301338

Re: Just curious...

Don't know about you, but POA signings usually run about 50% longer for me. More to fill in and double-check for me as well as the borrower.

We import them...these were Australian. YUUUUM

JJ

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/22/09 10:12am
Msg #301346

*POA signings usually run about 50% longer for me.*

Although I do not charge more, a Texas package is often larger than many or most. Hence the increase in time which John references, I think.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/24/09 9:46pm
Msg #301538

Yes, they're a pain, Brenda. I charge a higher fee for them. If it costs me more time, I charge more for the service. To accommodate a good client I do them for the same price sometimes, but not for a client I've only done 1 closing for in the last few years that doesn't let me know ahead of time that it's a Last Minute POA signing where the docs come in late, and I try to work them in.

JJ

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/22/09 8:01am
Msg #301331

Boy to I miss a good lobster!! And Pizza!!

People down here just don't know how to make a good pizza...Frown

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/22/09 8:02am
Msg #301332

Woops...s/b "do" I miss.... n/m

Reply by Richard Ingram on 8/22/09 12:05pm
Msg #301356

Re: Woops...s/b "do" I miss....

Try 3 hours with a 80+ year old man in a hospital bed signing for a son in Iraq. All the POA's I have done require at least twice the time frame and what makes me mad is when they try to slip it by you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.