Notary Rotary
Gotta doosey for ya'
Notary Discussion History

Gotta doosey for ya'
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Christine Pardo on 8/27/09 6:51pm
Msg #302021

Gotta doosey for ya'

As usual, it was 4:15pm and I was waiting around for edocs to be loaded in my shorts and t-shirt garb. I don't get dressed until I get the docs and start them printing. The signing was scheduled for 4pm. Just then a knock at the door. The dogs go nuts. My elderly mom was sleeping on the patio and awoke with a start.
And who do I find knocking at the door- the attorney for the buyer with the buyer just minutes away [got lost finding my house] Some how he misunderstood - and came to my home. This was after confirming the appointment and address the day before.
Oh, not only was I grunged out and barefoot with barking dogs and a sleepy eyed old woman - but I have no docs.
Fortunately, just then the ss called, docs were up -cash deal and only a few pages. Buyer showed up and we got it done.
But quite a bit unerving. Made clear to SS - that will not happen again.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/27/09 8:00pm
Msg #302035

At least you were dressed, it could have been so much worse for you...one morning I was running around the house after showering, in my underwear and a County Sheriff pulled up in the driveway to find out about vandalization of my neighbor's gate, I didn't hear his car in the yard, it was completely embarrassing, he's seen worse, I'm sure, but I've never been caught like that....middle of nowhere on 40 acres. I thought I had privacy....NOPE!

Reply by rengel/CA on 8/27/09 9:21pm
Msg #302046

This is why I use a PO box for my address. I don't want anyone showing up on my doorstep.
My .02

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/27/09 11:06pm
Msg #302056

Great idea Rengel. Only had one show up on my doorstep

over the years, but that was one to many. He did not even notice the meth lab, lol...joking.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.