Notary Rotary
I9 Form
Notary Discussion History

I9 Form
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by LynnNC on 8/17/09 3:16pm
Msg #300405

I9 Form

A contractor who is going to be placing a large number of employees in this area has contacted me about completing the I9 forms.

The last one I did, the employee entered information ahead of time online. I was given a code, and after I viewed his ID, I entered additional information online. It took about 15 minutes.

The document does not need to be notarized, so the statute for notary fees does not apply. In this area, typical travel time is 30 minutes, so I think a fee of $50 would be fair. I am curious what other NSA's charge to complete the form.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 8/17/09 4:51pm
Msg #300422

If you are referring to The Albany Group, they have a standard fee. Didn't you confirm it with them when they called?

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 8/19/09 2:56am
Msg #300736

I had an issue with a temp agency a while back and had to go to the NNA- yes the NNA for assistance because the agency insisted it had to be notarized so the NNA sent me an email of explanation which I forwarded to the agency, needless to say, the company that was using the agency quit using them after that and the agency issued me and overnighted me a check for the work I did shortly after I forwarded that email. The only I9 I have done for som,eone else I did for free cause it was a friend

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.