Notary Rotary
I finally arrived! Got my first call from
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 8/27/09 5:12pm
Msg #302010

Fidelity National, 909-941-4246. PU 3 checks, etc. Informed her this was illegal in Fl - argued not, definately not related to 21st Century -

Same spiel - got same no response - on to the next person I suppose. For Titusville, FL Fri or Sat.

Beware!

Reply by Sandra Clark on 8/27/09 7:00pm
Msg #302027

Got a call today also but from ss for loan mod. In questioning him found that there was upfront checks due. Informed him that this is illegal in VA. Seemed surprised but thanked me for bringing it to his attention - he didn't know. So be careful they may be using ss to get notaries to do their dirty work.

Reply by Yowheelz on 8/27/09 8:44pm
Msg #302043

Believe your right about using SS

I've had several calls from SS for loan mod apps that required picking up checks. Sleazy business.

Reply by wisconsin on 8/28/09 9:21am
Msg #302077

I find it hard to believe that the ss does not know it is

illegal to do loan mod applications with up front fees.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/28/09 9:48am
Msg #302080

Wisconsin....not hard to believe at all

For all the trouble 21st Century is in here in FL, and all the publicity about modification scams, I and others in FL are still getting calls from 21st Century or their "alias" companies or SS's on their behalf to schedule modification signings...when they're told their procedures are illegal here it's the same response..."really?? I didn't know that"...getting ready to tell the next one that calls "you better research who you're working for...and start getting fitted for your jumpsuit!!"...(probably won't say that but it's SO tempting!!)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/28/09 9:49am
Msg #302081

Should add...it not illegal in all states.....yet... n/m

Reply by wisconsin on 8/28/09 10:36am
Msg #302092

Re: Wisconsin....not hard to believe at all

I think you missed my point Linda, I find it hard to believe that they don't know what they are doing. The SS's know what these appointments are for and they know it is illegal in most states, they don't care as long as they get paid. IMO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/28/09 10:42am
Msg #302093

Re: Wisconsin....maybe I did...apologies...

What really gets me is when you ask "is this an app?" and they say "we don't know"...or "no" and it truly is...

Gotcha though..I did misunderstand...I'll hush now...Smile

Reply by wisconsin on 8/28/09 1:44pm
Msg #302151

Re: Wisconsin....maybe I did...apologies...No Prob:) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.