Notary Rotary
I'm signing an Oscar winning actress today
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by CaliNotary on 8/25/09 1:11pm
Msg #301597

It's nice to get that fun signing every now and again. This is actually the second Oscar winner I've signed, the first was the producer for one of the Best Picture winners in the 90's. Obviously I can't post who it is on this board, but she's not one of the winners from the past 25 years.

Reply by Keystone_SA on 8/25/09 1:19pm
Msg #301598

I'm jealous. I'm sure I'll never have an Oscar winner sign anything in Scranton, PA.....

Reply by Colleen Martin on 8/25/09 1:25pm
Msg #301600

ah. i miss california!! slight chance of that around here in austin but it would only be lance armstrong. big whoop.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/25/09 1:57pm
Msg #301603

Maybe not, but you'll always have Dunder-Mifflin.

I've signed a few C-List celebrities, the kind where the name is familiar, but I have to look them up on IMDB to see what they've been in. I came close to signing a 4 time Oscar nominee, but it ended up being a split signing, so I only signed his wife, but it was at their house in Malibu, so that was pretty cool. I did an Emmy winner too, a makeup artist. The Emmy was in the living room which is the only way I knew she had won. And I have gotten to see an actual Oscar, did a signing at Dreamworks and they had the Oscar for Shrek winning Best Animated Picture on display in the lobby. Hopefully I'll get to see another one today.

I wish I were tacky enough to bring my camera and ask her to take a picture of me holding it. But unfortunately I just don't have it in me to do that. I know you can't tell by my postings on here, but I do try to conduct myself with some class when I'm working!

Reply by Bernice/CA on 8/25/09 2:06pm
Msg #301606

I signed a Golden Globe winner this year… and you know, his personality is just like the character he played… After we completed the business I shared that my son and I enjoy his work and he gave me a autograph picture for my son. And NO I didn’t ask for it…

Reply by CH2inCA on 8/25/09 4:27pm
Msg #301614

I did a single signature for a gent once, not a big deal. After all was said and done we were chatting for a bit and he asked if I liked golf. I said not so much but my son LOVES to play. He gave me a pair of tickets to the ProAm. My son and his fiance got to go as cooporate sponsers and meet Clint Eastwood, Tiger Woods and all sorts of celeberties ( I can't remember who all was there now). I've got pictures of them standing around drinks in hand...

What a hoot! I'm such a hick; didn't even know that the tickets would be a big deal. :0)

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/25/09 1:25pm
Msg #301599

How fun! While I've never done a loan signing/general notary work for a celebrity, I did do a signing recently for a nuclear engineer and general notary job for a cryogenic scientist - you know, those with professions you'll probably only see once in a lifetime.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/25/09 1:33pm
Msg #301602

Closest that I have ever come is some guy named Oscar..

who's six year old kid acted up during the signing.

Reply by anita55109 on 8/25/09 1:58pm
Msg #301604

Re: Closest that I have ever come is some guy named Oscar..

I signed a golfer in the PGA tournament. That's my exciting one. No.....it wasn't Tiger either.

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/25/09 1:59pm
Msg #301605

Oscar Meyer? n/m

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/25/09 5:21pm
Msg #301626

" I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener That is what I..

really want to be.
'cause if I was an Oscar Meyer wiener,
Everyone would be in love with me. "
Actually, any connection between an Oscar Meyer wiener and
a true Chicago Hot Dog, is limited to the shape.
And if I hear of any of you guys putting ketchup on one, you are TOAST.
Once did a signing for a guy that worked for Oprah at Harpo Studios.
When I told my wife, she was ready to kill me because I did not ask
for tickets .

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/25/09 5:31pm
Msg #301630

Ketchup, Mayo or Butter on a hot dog bun is GROSS!

Gimme a nice barbecued Hebrew National hotdog with deli mustard and sauerkraut. Yummy! I'm still a New Yorker through and through!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 8/25/09 5:50pm
Msg #301633

Sauerkraut is a NYC thing. Try celery salt next time. YUM n/m

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/25/09 7:21pm
Msg #301648

Re: Sauerkraut is a NYC thing. Try celery salt next time. YUM

I will! Another NYC thing are those onions that have a kick to them. I never cared for them. Gimme a nice hot dog and a nice potato kinish on the side and I'm good to go!

Reply by Jayhawk/KS on 8/26/09 4:55pm
Msg #301794

Re: " I wish I was an Oscar Meyer wiener That is what I..

My husband sold Oscar Mayer wieners, does that count? We have pics of the real wiener mobile when it came through town. When we asked our son what he'd do if it came to middle school to pick him up he said, "walk the other way!!!!!!" My closest know it is, a classmate from college and high school is married to Jean Smart. They come to high school reuinions all the time. He's an actor also and they act just as normal and goofy as the rest of us. They are just normal people. But our son was pretty impressed when he got to meet them the first time, cause I'd always go , oh there's Richard or Jean on tv, whenever I'd see them. He said, if he walks over here, will he know you by name, I said, well, wait and see here he comes, and sure enough he did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even after 25 years!!!!!!!!!!! Guess Mom was cool after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/09 5:20pm
Msg #301624

You know, Cali, I think I'm a little jealous.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/25/09 6:51pm
Msg #301643

What fun--a high profile person! Hope you got a really large fee, since I imagine it was a really large mortgage (millions, maybe).
What cracks me up, for all the money these folks make, both Ed McMahon & Michael Jackson died broke & with a lot of debt. Talk about living beyond your means.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/25/09 7:53pm
Msg #301652

Actually, it was a modest condo in a very nice area, and she's owned it since 1978. Definitely not living beyond her means.

And I didn't get to see the Oscar, the kitchen was right off the entryway, so we didn't cut through the living room where I assume it would be. I scanned the living room for the 5 seconds I saw it coming and in out, but didn't see anything, darn it.

Reply by Richard Ingram on 8/25/09 8:09pm
Msg #301654

The best that I can do is an All-Pro quarterback.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/25/09 9:04pm
Msg #301664

Gee, I think I would have said, "can I see it & touch it, please, please, please"--hahahehehe

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/25/09 9:15pm
Msg #301670

I signed with the wife of a VP of a Major Baseball team! She was in Ohio visiting! lol

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/25/09 11:31pm
Msg #301688

I am good friends with the guys in 3DoorsDown and have met (and usually have numerous drinks with) some really, really awesome bands over the past 8+ years, Staind, Godsmack, Creed, Disturbed, Bush, Nickleback and many more.

It amazes me how some are so down to earth and others are way too full of themselves to give you the time of day. But all in all most are pretty cool and I can understand how life on the road can be rough for them.

Reply by Dana Velkers on 8/26/09 12:37am
Msg #301695

I did a signing for a Hall of Fame athlete here in Seattle. What was funny was, that I did not know that's whose home I was going to until he walked in the room. I was so busy with signings back then, I just called the BO to confirm and never put 2 and 2 together. Just imagine the books we all could write with our stories. Keeps us smiling and makes our job fun. And as we say, we all put our shoes on the same way. :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.