Notary Rotary
I was just catching up on some posts and
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Donna LaBelle on 8/13/09 8:26pm
Msg #299887

I saw a post regarding DL renewal fees.Well here in sunny CA they are $26, and then I saw a post about registration fees, well last time I registered my vehicle it was almost 300 dollars and that was before this lousy governer really started "terminating" CA and raised them even more. We also have higher gas prices here, but the weather seems to be a bit better than those nasty lightning and thunder storms and driving in snow.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/13/09 8:44pm
Msg #299889

I would rather live in the Ohio snow and thunderstorms than to live with the high cost of living in CA. It costs me $57.00 to register my car. The cost of lving here is worth the snow and thunderstorms.

Reply by firegirl on 8/13/09 9:21pm
Msg #299903

same here. I like my 4 seasons...

the registration here in MD is a little steep ($160/ 2 years), but you only get inspected once.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 8/13/09 9:59pm
Msg #299917

Re: same here. I like my 4 seasons...

$75 yr for registration in WI

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/13/09 10:00pm
Msg #299918

Re: same here. I like my 4 seasons...

I too will take our 4 seasons any day over CA. And it costs me $96 a year for personalized plates and no inspections. I will also take my almost 3,000 sq ft home on a huge lot and didn't have to give away my first born. I couldn't begin to get the kind of home I have now in Il out in CA. There is just no way.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/14/09 2:24am
Msg #299935

I'm glad you all feel that way...

You'd be surprised, though, what you could find out here right now! But don't let me dissuade anyone from staying where you are... I'll be thinking of you all in winter when you're out scraping ice off your windshields. Smile Actually, I read recently that CA might be finally experiencing a net population loss this year. While it may not be what building developers would want, it sure won't hurt traffic problems or air quality!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 8/14/09 6:46am
Msg #299944

Having lived in CA most of my life, I can tell you that the

annual CA vehicle registration bill includes the personal property taxes due for the vehicle, while in many other states (including my current state of VA) it is not included with the registration bill, but paid separately. So, it's really not a fair comparison.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 8/14/09 7:26am
Msg #299947

Everything is going up here in Colorado also. Property taxes up 8%, raising car registration, city sales taxes, you name it and it's going up in cost. Yikes!
Everywhere you go in Colorado Springs there are loads of people with stacks of petitions for you to sign.
Foreclosures are just sky-rocketing here. Last night on the local news our Western slope alone is up 125%. The highest foreclosure rates in history. OMG I just had to turn off the TV just couldn't stand to hear anymore.
I fear Colorado along with many other states will be joining CA in bankruptcy.
Where in the world do the powers to be think "Joe average" is going to get all this money from???

Reply by laurielnc on 8/14/09 8:28am
Msg #299952

Registration fees in NC (Wake co.) are $33.00 per vehicle. Weather was hot 99 but only up to 88 today. Thunder storms in evenings but go by quickly or go around us. Alittle snow last year for a day or so, no ice, no hail.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.