Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Loan Mod Applications. While out doing signings last nite..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Bob_Chicago on 8/29/09 12:26pm
Msg #302267

I received a call from a SS that I have done work for from time
to time. Scheduler said that they had a last minute loan mod request
and could I do it later in the evening.
I asked if it was for executing an approved modification or to get an
application and pick up checks. He said the latter.
I said "Sorry , I don't do those, but thanx for thinking of me.
He replied, "No problem, we will call you the next
time we have a loan signing in your area. "
Seems to me to be a better approach than insulting the SS rep, who is just
doing his job. Someone is going to end up doing it, just not me.
Why waste my time, hurt his feelings and burn bridges.

Reply by Doris_CO on 8/29/09 12:59pm
Msg #302268

I like your response and you're right, it's much better to build a bridge then burn it down.

Reply by HKB on 8/29/09 2:43pm
Msg #302271

This should always be our attitude towards others ..... be it singing service, title co or a another notary.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/29/09 2:53pm
Msg #302272

While hostility will get you no where but an immediate reaction and something to remember you by, good will towards men will always bring highest and best results. NLP, neurolinguistic programming...talk to people in the same way you'd like to be spoken to....Do unto others.

Have a great Saturday! Hot on the Central CA Coast, 100s.

Reply by Richard Ingram on 8/29/09 5:07pm
Msg #302277

Bob,
You are so right about burning bridges and bridge building. However, it seems to me that most people enjoy confrontation and burn their bridges without thinking. This just happened to me and although it disturbs me it will probably make my life a lot easier and much less expensive.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/30/09 3:31pm
Msg #302322

"However, it seems to me that most people enjoy confrontation and burn their bridges without thinking."

Forgive me for picking on you to make a point, Richard, but this very statement I feel is worthy of some more "thinking"! It's all too easy for people anywhere to generalize about others from a few experiences. And it's my belief that many of society's problems stem from these assumptions about others.

While I'm sure you're correct that MANY people enjoy confrontation, I have a hard time believing that's true for MOST. This particular point may not be as consequential as generalizations in other areas of life, but I do think it can apply to many things about dealing with people that we encounter in our business. When we get into the mode of making quick assumptions about others, we tend to react to what we expect, not to what IS, and that can result in poor communication or misunderstanding. (We see that happen here all the time with people reading something into a post that others don't see.)

I realize that particular comment was not central to the point you were trying to make, but I guess I'm just feeling philosophical this lovely Sunday afternoon and you gave me an opening... Wink

Reply by Cari on 8/29/09 6:06pm
Msg #302282

...got a similar call...and said I do not pick up checks

and she was nice about...

Reply by MW/VA on 8/29/09 6:59pm
Msg #302283

Thanks for the post. It was a good reminder that even though we may feel hostile about loan mod apps, we don't need to carry that hostility into the dealings we have with ss or others. I know many don't feel the same way about getting the calls from 21st, Fidelity, or whatever they're calling themselves on any given day.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/29/09 7:27pm
Msg #302284

I got a call from them this afternoon (Sat) wanting me to cross State Lines. No notarization is required, so why not she said. I told her in a firm but nice way that I don't do this kind of work even if it was my next door neighbor, much less cross a state line. BTW, MO is only 23 miles from me. I can get to St. Louis faster than I can other towns closer to me in IL.

I would never take it out on a SS that calls me, but I am getting tired of the calls from them personally and their different names they go by. I can't blame any of us for getting our dander up. They are getting very persistant and it is getting irritating. I have 3 phone #'s they have called me on blocked now, but today's call was yet another different number. How many do they have???? I woke up this morning with a sore throat and congested and fell asleep on the couch this afternoon. They called and woke me up using a different number that I didn't have blocked. Yes, I was a little upset but was still nice but firm. I agree with you Bob, you just never know how that can come back to haunt you.

Reply by OR on 8/29/09 8:32pm
Msg #302286

It says a lot for an SS who took the order in the first place. Let the chips fall where they may. You set you standards as high as the rest of us. If they never call you again at lest you did not help this loan mic company rip off this signer/debtor. That says a lot for you. Good JOB, Way TO Go. Heres a high five to ya. You are my hero. I think I hear a round of cheers for you...yep I do ...... Have a blessed year.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/29/09 8:35pm
Msg #302287

Re: Loan Mod Applications....Linda

I've heard employees are using their cell phones to book appointments with notaries...could explain the various numbers you're getting.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 8/30/09 9:27am
Msg #302300

Your probably so right Linda. What are they thinking? n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 8/30/09 10:20am
Msg #302302

The calls I've gotten were from many different people at many different phones nos. IMO this company "outsources" the scheduling jobs & people are working from home. That was my first red flag--the email I got was from a non-professional email address. I think the people making the phone calls haven't got a clue about what they're involved with. It appears these scam artists are very clever at covering their tracks. I strongly suspect they're not even operating from this country.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/30/09 3:12pm
Msg #302321

And they've probably been fed a line of nonsense about what they're doing and have no idea that it's either illegal, unethical or both, depending on where they're calling. All the more reason to be civil with them, I suppose.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.