Notary Rotary
Made me think of this............. "Chip and a Chair"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by loma on 8/13/09 10:36am
Msg #299728

Poker term meaning that you ONLY need a "chip and a chair" to play in a game. Meaning you do not have to have any training, skills or other talents to participate.

I was explaining to a lender after a B oF A bank signing what we do ( B of A is getting away from branch personnel closing loans ). He kind of got it and perked up and said. Oh! I see, you only need a stamp and a car to do what you do. After that he continued to tell me he might be interested because it was so easy and asked how long it would take him to get started. Told him I was late for next appointment, had to go.

There are far to many of us who operate out there on the ""chip and a chair" basis and it give the rest of us professionals a bad name.

There is no doubt in my mind if that branch person got his "stamp" he would put down he closed 4,000 loans , HELOCS, RM's, REO, PUrchases, ect................ and would have fooled the TC',SS's and Lenders

Just had to rant! Just say no to the "chips and a chair" wannabees, lets keep this professional.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/13/09 10:44am
Msg #299730

Great analogy. There are many who think of this as a poker game or crap shoot, for sure.
I know the companies get very tired of the "gamble" they have to take to find a competant notary in the mix.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.