Notary Rotary
NCCI Inspections - Any New Experiences?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Sheri/OR on 8/19/09 12:56pm
Msg #300840

I was just contacted by NCCI and awaiting the paperwork for my review. I searched the forum and found the most recent posts regarding this topic are in Feb 09. Has anyone had any recent experiences with them? I need to do some checking with the state and would like some feedback before making an educated decision. Thanks again for any words of wisdom you can provide!!

Reply by notaryinmo on 8/19/09 12:58pm
Msg #300841

Not any new experiences, but they contacted me over a month ago - I sent all the requested info and haven't heard a peep from them.

Reply by TnNotary on 8/19/09 12:59pm
Msg #300842

Hi, I have done several for them and they are good to work for. I had no problems with them.

Reply by John/CT on 8/19/09 2:00pm
Msg #300861

Re: NCCI Inspections -

Likewise. On several occasions they have not met my flat-rate fee (instead of their sliding scale), and on others they have. Would continue to accept assignments on that basis. Somewhat easier than Vision Compliance, with less pix.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/19/09 1:01pm
Msg #300843

I haven't worked with them for almost a year, but keep in contact with some other FI's who do.
My experience was awful...here I am, supposed to be an IC, however, they want to dictate
my days, hours, equipment, etc.
A very fine line they are walking....some people are litigating, saying NCCI is keeping them like employees rather than IC's , without the employee benefits.
Also, if you decide to work with (for) them directly, you're much better off than working with one of their "regional managers".

Reply by Larry/IL on 8/19/09 1:06pm
Msg #300845

I do quite a few per month, They're good to work for as a fill in between NSA assignments. Pay is low (30-50) but when you're already on an assignment it might make sense to take one.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/19/09 1:12pm
Msg #300849

Pay is low (30-50)

I would consider 30-50 to be GOOD!
NCCI is only paying $17 per FI, and paying nothing for rechases.
If they were still paying 30-50, I'd have bit my tongue and laughed all the way to the bank.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/19/09 1:45pm
Msg #300858

Re: Pay is low (30-50)...when they contacted me

some time ago they were offering $20-$30 depending on distance...I got them up to $30-$40 but still had to decide it if would be worthwhile...I decided not to sign up......we're very rural...closest real "city" is 15 miles away = 30 miles rt, min 50 minutes travel and that's not counting doing the job. If they offered $50 I'd do it....I think...Smile

That's my experience.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/19/09 1:07pm
Msg #300846

Just out of curiousity, Sheri. Did NCCI out of southern California contact you?

Couple of years ago, I was contacted by NCCI. Signed up with them, worked with them at somewhat reasonable rates. After a few months, they split off into regional territories. Being in Northern California, I was assigned to the northwest territory operated out of Washington State. The pay rates were reduced as there was now an additional "middle man." The only choices were to quit or stay and accept the reduced rates and hope for a raise for a job well done. I stayed for a about year. No raise. For various reasons, finally quit couple of months ago.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 8/19/09 1:10pm
Msg #300848

Further, initially, you tell them which zip codes you're willing to work. They send you the assignments in those zip codes. You don't have the option of accepting or refusing -- unless you're sick or on vacation --those assignments are yours to complete or charged against you. So much for being an independent contractor ....

Reply by Sheri Patterson on 8/19/09 1:13pm
Msg #300851

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for the information. I just received the paperwork and am going to review the contract. I was contacted by the Nebraska office, in answer to your question, Yoli.
I let you know what I find in the contract to see if it differs from what others have received. She stated in her email that she receives 2-10 daily orders in my area...hmmm. Questioning that one..
We'll see...

Reply by Larry/IL on 8/19/09 1:19pm
Msg #300852

Sheri, I too get calls from the Omaha office, sometimes 10 times a day, they don't just give them to me, they ask and I take them if they don't conflict with my NSA assignments. I think you'll find the fill in work easy and welcomed. Good luck!

Reply by Sheri Patterson on 8/19/09 1:32pm
Msg #300855

looks like around $20 a pop... have to decide if it's worth my time away - considering prep, equipment wear and tear, gas, etc.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 8/19/09 1:54pm
Msg #300859

I have done a few of these inspections for NCCI. In my area they are $25 within 5 miles from home. You are required to take a number of exterior and interior pictures of the business as well as interview the contact person and complete a lengthy questionnaire. Then you need to upload all items to the computer and submit to NCCI.

Payment was anywhere from 30 to 40 days, and as has been mentioned they state that they do not pay for a rechase. In my opinion this process is too time consuming for the low fees that are paid. I think they should be paying $50 to $75 per assignment. I no longer take assignments because to me it is a waste of my time.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 8/19/09 1:59pm
Msg #300860

Ditto, Brenda said it better than I! n/m

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 8/19/09 2:32pm
Msg #300868

I've been working for them for several months with absolutely no problems. I get paid in about 30 days. And they are extremely nice to work with. I've had to change my appts. because of loan closings they are very understanding and will change appt with inspection site. I highly recommend them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.