Notary Rotary
NC Signatures
Notary Discussion History

NC Signatures
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by BeckyNC on 8/13/09 4:34pm
Msg #299849

NC Signatures

Has anyone worked with NC Signatures? Owner is Rhonda L Nails. Phone is 919-491-7970; website is www.NC-Signatures.com. Received an email yesterday for a signing, but didn't respond - couldn't find a physical address in her email signature or on the website. It seems that Rhonda is trying to set up a signing service, but the website talks about a network. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience or has the same take that I did?
TIA

Reply by NCLisa on 8/13/09 9:46pm
Msg #299912

I just looked at the website. While I've referred work to Rhonda before, and she's a good notary, there SOME of the notaries on her network, I wouldn't hire to take out the trash. There is one in particular, that constantly lies to TC's that we are having Tstorms and her power is out, and cancels the closing at the last minute, I've gotten 3 of those calls in the last month (and only one day was it actually raining) It looks like the network as no discrimination on who it accepts.

I also see that they are offering classes to become an NSA. Two classes this month! I won't even get started on how much this kind of CRAP angers me, in a market that doesn't have enough business for those that have been in it for awhile.

Reply by BeckyNC on 8/14/09 5:49am
Msg #299941

Thanks, Lisa! That pretty much confirms what I was thinking.
I agree about the classes in such a depressed market. In my area, a couple of notaries are also trying to at least record documents (hopefully not searching!). Just the other day, I watched as someone tried to record in a county I do a lot of title work in and had no clue how to handle the fact that they are still completely "computer free" in their recording process. She was a notary, I recognized her name when she called the title company - she's listed here and was working in her home county. All I could do was sigh, and wonder.....it's hard enough to find and keep good searching clients without worrying about that kind of competition as well.

Reply by Rhonda/NC on 8/14/09 6:01am
Msg #299942

To answer comments concerning my network:
I created NC Signatures for 3 reasons: 1. I wanted to be able to network with other notaries in NC, 2. create a directory for clients to use and 3. distribute general notary and loan signing assignments to other notaries.
Yes, we do offer a free listing for notary signing agents on our website, but only if they have experience. I cannot vouch for those notaries who cancel at the last minute as those who I have contracted with have done nothing but a superb job.

One of the main reasons that I offer the NSA teleclasses are so that notaries who are interested can get a solid foundation on what they are getting into. I do not every promise them work or the illusion that they will make 6 figures. I do let them know that this is hard work and competition is fierce. If they have the determination and commitment, they are welcome to join the network, but there are no guarantees.
I'm sorry that it angers those of you who have been in this business a while, but it should not. I am not threatened by my competition because I have a good relationship with my clients , I continue to market and most of all, I do a good job.

If you have any concerns, questions or comments, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reply by mwm143 on 8/14/09 8:42am
Msg #299958

Can you share your experience that qualifies you to teach a class in loan signing procedures for the state of NC?

Reply by FC/NC on 9/1/09 11:15am
Msg #302467

Hello,
I would just like to say that I attended the seminiar that Rhonda provided and found it to be very informative. I have worked in the mortgage industry for several years and wanted to increase my flow of income that would compliment what I am currently involved in and since I have had my notary for several years this seemed like a good fit for me. I understand that this is just like any other industry at the moment where everything is a competition. For those that have been doing this for a long time then you shouldn't have to worry as much about the newcomers becuase you should have established business as newcomer I'm trying to establish those connections. I would recommend Rhonda's service to anyone interested she was very helpful to me on my first assignment and answer the phone everytime I called.

Reply by Beverly Kinlaw on 7/16/10 8:46am
Msg #345189

I have done signings for them and they were great to work with and paid as promised.
They get my vote.
Keep it up Rhonda.

Reply by 1AZNotary on 4/19/11 1:58pm
Msg #380480

PM me.

"Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience or has the same take that I did?"
Posted by BeckyNC on 8/13/09 4:34pm

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.