Notary Rotary
NSC
Notary Discussion History

NSC
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Jnsc Bnsc on 8/24/09 4:49pm
Msg #301508

NSC

Have any of you ever took the time to think about where docs come from? NSC receives docs the SAME time YOU do... If it were up to me I would overnight every single file I get and at the very latest have them to the SA within 6 hours of closing... When a SA doesn't have docs it gets to me just as much as you... So I sit here and try to get everything out as soon as possible, constantly calling the TC just to have you call me and complain about something I already know... NSC takes the time to run a report every hour on the hour and we send it to every TC Showing them all the docs we need... What more do you want from me??? I see a lot of you talk about not having much business these days... Maybe you were one of the ones I had to listen to for an hour about how my signing service sucks because we don't get docs out in time... Why would I hire you again? Your not even smart enough to know where the docs come from...

Reply by MistarellaFL on 8/24/09 5:02pm
Msg #301512

I know where docs come from

I know where docs come from, lol.
The stork brings them, too.

Don't commit murder-suicide.
Like the rest of us, you don't want to be biting your nose to spite your face.

Reply by Sandra Clark on 8/24/09 5:04pm
Msg #301514

We ARE smart enough to know where they come from but often co's forget or don't even bother to let us know when there is a delay. I've had several times when co., with lots going on, have forgotten to send them even tho they've had them for hours. We're the last ones in the loop that companies think of when, once they have a notary lined up, to keep posted. We have co's that don't bother to call us until the last minute about a cancellation. Co's seem to forget that without a Notary you don't get the loan closed - it's us that helps you keep your job and your company running so don't be in such a hurry to blast us

Reply by Jnsc Bnsc on 8/24/09 5:17pm
Msg #301516

Who is in a hurry to blast? I have been reading these forums for the 2 years I have been here, and I have finally had enough... I read how all these companies don't pay, or if the loan rescinds they don't pay. Guess what? I PAY! If there is ever a problem I pay for it... The notary prints docs then the closing gets cancelled, I don't want to cancel it but I have to... I pay your edoc fee and get nothing from title... If any one can be complaining it should be me... I respect and have a great relationship with a most of my notaries... But think about the situation first, I get the cancellation/reschedule request minutes before I call you... As soon as I have information you have it... Thats the way it has been since I got here... Just frustrating sitting in this room working for notaries all day, just so they can smash you in a forum...

Reply by Rick Ary on 8/24/09 5:30pm
Msg #301518

Why do you read the form if it is that bad? n/m

Reply by Sandra Clark on 8/24/09 5:33pm
Msg #301520

"Working for notaries all day, just so the smash you in a forum"? Who's smashing you? Surely not me, I simply replied to your post. And since when do you work "for" notaries all day? You work for NSC and your job is to get their work done. No one says your job is easy and I'm sure very frustrating, perhaps you now know how frustrating our jobs are. Some of us aren't too bad to work with and you need to find the ones that work best with you. Sounds like you've had a bad Monday and I sure hope your remainder of the week is better since the eom is here.

Reply by pan/nd on 8/24/09 8:54pm
Msg #301531

Jnsc Bnsc

Oh, cry me a river.

This isn't a perfect world. And, despite your post it's not going to be.

Tell you what...

a little 8 year old girl who's family is a relative of ours just died of brain cancer.

I'm not too concerned about your problems with notaries.

I think you need to step back..take a deep breath and focus on what's important...

certainly not your rant on a notary message board.

Reply by Julie/IL on 8/24/09 5:53pm
Msg #301522

Jnsc Bnsc You're full of bull. We have done thousands of loans for your company with zero mistakes. You dropped us like yesterdays news because we had to stay firm on our fees after you kept trying to $10 us to death every other month. If you hire someone for a 4pm appt and get docs at 3:58pm thats your problem. You hired US. Most of your loans were nothing but problems anyway. Sometimes the problems were minor, but we always had to fix something. You guys no longer care about the quality of the work, you just want cheap labor.

Reply by MichiganAl on 8/25/09 12:45am
Msg #301548

After 6 years, this is why I finally said goodbye to NSC

As Julie said, they no longer care about quality. I would never blame NSC for late docs, but their communication has become bar none the worst I've ever seen. Signing canceled? You'll only find out if you call asking for docs or if the borrower is kind enough to call. Call and try to reach an actual human? Good luck. You get an endless voicemail loop or the phone just rings and rings. And if a borrower refuses to sign? Look out, you'll get 10 calls from 10 different people over the next four days asking for status, despite the fact that you've followed their instruction, left a message on their automated system, sent e-mails to everyone involved, and begged and pleaded for just one of them to document your conversation so the next headset jockey doesn't call. They've gotten cheaper, and they've gotten rude (I won't say everybody, because there are still a couple of people there I like and respect).

But take a good look at how much they supposedly respect what we do for them.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/25/09 7:08am
Msg #301558

Funny you mention this, Al

"And if a borrower refuses to sign? Look out, you'll get 10 calls from 10 different people over the next four days asking for status, "

This happened to me after a signing I didn't do!! Turned it back in when docs were too late for me to accommodate the signing and I still got calls for status weeks later...thus my comment about disorganization.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/24/09 6:25pm
Msg #301525

You're entitled to your rant. I don't know that it's wise to bash notaries, especially on this board that is OUR forum. Comments like "You're not even smart enough to know where the docs come from....."
We don't care where they come from, only when we get them. We're at the tail end, trying to schedule appts. Late docs can mess up a schedule so bad & we're the one's supposed to run our a#$'s off to make up for it. We are not sitting in an office all day. For example, maybe I have appts. scheduled for 3 pm, 5 pm & 7 pm. Guess what, docs for the 3 pm don't arrive until 4:30 pm and I've already left for the 5 pm. This is a problem for us, and we expect the ss to take that into consideration. We have to put up with ss who low-ball us, having us race all over the place because of late docs, and then wait 60-90 days for payment in some cases.
This shows total disrespect for our profession. Some refer to us as "just the Notary", but some of us are trained & skilled closing professionals. This is a tough business with lots of stress. Come end of the mo. the lenders, tc's, ss's and notaries are all in the trenches. I don't know who you are, but I wouldn't have such an "attitude" about the very people who are your source of income--the notaries!

Reply by docs1954CA on 8/24/09 7:32pm
Msg #301527

Well stated Marilynn... n/m

Reply by John Schenk on 8/24/09 9:27pm
Msg #301535

Agree...I don't care where each individual doc comes from. When they schedule a closing with the borrowers, they owe it to the borrowers to have the docs ready to go, and to get them to us timely. If they don't know that they can get the docs out timely, why schedule the closing that day with the borrower, and us? EOM gets crazy for everyone, and I always understand that problems can arise at any time on a loan. I expect to be updated when there are problems that may affect the closing time though as I'm the one that's going to print it, and close it. Once a closing is booked with me, I don't want to be kept out of the loop regarding anything that may affect my scheduled closing time with the borrower(s). Some companies are very good at keeping you updated, and some aren't. Never worked for NSC, to my knowledge, so speaking more in generalities.

JJ

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/25/09 12:53am
Msg #301549

"If they don't know that they can get the docs out timely, why schedule the closing that day with the borrower, and us?"

Good point. Some ss are able to figure it out. I can't think of too many, but there are a few I can think of who don't schedule the appointment until they know they have docs or they are imminent. Seems to me it's all about how they manage their relationship with their client. Everyone up and down the chain has difficulties to deal with, but we also have to have realistic expectations. And those realistic expectations don't include us having only ONE signing for that day and being able to sit glued to our computers and printers waiting for the docs.

Also, I found it curious that the original poster seemed to take so many of the complaints here personally. I don't recall reading about any of them being directed to his company. For all I know, they may be among those few good ones, but that doesn't mean that other companies operate like they do (if I give him the benefit of the doubt).

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/24/09 9:15pm
Msg #301532

Dialogues are good. Understanding others point of view is good. Maybe talking it through with others will help fix the system. Nevertheless, there are a few points you seem to be oblivious to, Jnsc Bnsc... Namely, whether or not one set or all sets of the docs are late, you go home at quitting time. You are not faced with a possibly angry signer or working well past the time you thought/planned on being done for the day. The 3pm quick run is now the 5pm slog thru rush-hour traffic...and we've still got that 7pm to make. Notaries really are in the trenches. You're at a desk. As someone who has done both--trust me--desk is easier.

Do I think we should berate you? No. (But I honestly have to say that sometimes getting seriously nasty seems to help--as in "if I don't have those docs within the next 20 minutes (after waiting 2 1/2 hours), you're going to need to find another notary" often does seem to work magic. The squeaky wheel does get oiled.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/09 6:56am
Msg #301556

I am incredulous that NSC would allow this to be posted.

While they might not pay as high as we'd like and we might find them frustrating at times to work with, I have never thought of them as a business on a suicide course.

This is surely a scheduler and not a principal of the company with NationsTitle or NSC. It could even be a disgruntled X-employee enjoying the tainting of the reputation of the company.

It's unprofessional, a display of a thin-skinned individual, and whiny.

I do not believe that NSC would sanction these remarks.

For instance, "Have any of you ever >>took<<< the time to think about where docs come from?"

And, ">>>Your<<< not even smart enough to know where the docs come from... "

Poor grammar usage and also the use of "sucks" doesn't communicate the message I believe NSC is known for.

Just my 3.5 cents on this one.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/25/09 7:05am
Msg #301557

My thoughts too Brenda... n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/09 9:17am
Msg #301572

I'm also glad someone linked this...NSC will be able

to figure out who's playing this game with them.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/25/09 12:57pm
Msg #301593

Maybe someone with a little time on their hands today

will notify the "real" NSC of this malcontent's remarks.

I wish I had the time but I am covered up today.

Smile

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.