NotaryPro / Borrowers HANDWRITED signature
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Maranga Ink Resources on 8/17/09 9:10pm
Msg #300469

I wanted to copy and past the instructions:
4. Insure the borrowers sign ALL loan documents exactly as their names are typed on
the documents, even if this is not their usual signature.

And I found the following link about Handwritten signatures, there are several ways to handwritte
Interesting, even the page looks like more for a toddler.
http://www.drawyourworld.com/dnealian.html

Now this company sent an email telling me that will only pay 30 dolars for this signing !!!!!!

"you will not be paid the full fee on
this file. We are going to pay you $30 for going out there. "

I am going to use a collection agency collecting the diference if they dont honor my regular fees.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/17/09 9:35pm
Msg #300475

http://www.notaryrotary.com/forums/searchresults.asp?id=JER5MUM5&smsg=&requestid=08213241001&code=483E7475BE0D6FF932DD2498E0C2A098&forumid=1AAA00000003&display=0&format=threaded&forumname=General+Discussion&description=The+most+recent+50+search+results+for+%3Cb%3Etopics%3C%2Fb%3E+containing+the+phrase+%3Cb%3E%22notary+pro%22%3C%2Fb%3E.&keyword1=notary%20pro&msgnbr=&keyword2=&startdate=&enddate=&author=&optauthor=0&seldisplay=0

Reply by Maranga Ink Resources on 8/18/09 10:53am
Msg #300582

I appreciated the link you send but is cut off someway
Would you mind send it again? thank you

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/17/09 9:38pm
Msg #300476

Here's what you said the other day...

"Received instructions from Lender asking to make the borrowers handwriten their names not a signature as it shows on the Driver License, even is not the usual signature"

Apparently that's NOT what they said...they said have them sign all the docs exactly as their name is typed regardless of whether that's usually how they sign their name....example:

Name on docs is John A. Doe......borrower normally signs only John Doe....BUT it is required that he sign the docs John A. Doe...why?? Because John A. Doe owns the property..he's the one who has to sign off on it..

Based on this post and your previous post, if this is truly how it really went....sorry for this but...you're lucky they're paying you $30 ... maybe I'm missing something here but from what I've read, yes, you screwed up...

Sorry, but that MO..

Reply by wisconsin on 8/17/09 10:17pm
Msg #300496

I have to agree with Linda n/m

Reply by Becca_FL on 8/17/09 10:29pm
Msg #300502

Blah, blah. blah, blah...Do your job. n/m

Reply by John Schenk on 8/17/09 10:34pm
Msg #300506

This is where I have a problem sometimes...

DL says John A. Doe and the DL shows their sig as John A. Doe and that's the way the borrower wants to sign it as John A. Doe, although it doesn't look like John A. Doe at all. It's easier when it says John Alfonso Doe, and you have to make them sign it that way. You HAVE to make them sign Alfonso.

How many doctor signings have you done? Those are a nighmare. They don't give a shit what's on there as a siggy and they take your CONSTANT scrutiny on how they sign. I've ended up using half the borrower copy pages to make them sign it right. I haven't had a HELOC for a doctor yet, but I'm probably going to be pretty nasty to make them sign it right if I ever have one.

JJ

Reply by John Schenk on 8/17/09 10:36pm
Msg #300507

excuse me...I mean " n/m

Reply by John Schenk on 8/17/09 10:37pm
Msg #300508

Excuse me...I meant "their" instead of "there"...and

I hit some button that made that post before I was ready to post it. Not sure what button I hit but it went POOF. LOL

Nite all.

JJ

Reply by CH2inCA on 8/17/09 10:50pm
Msg #300513

Re: This is where I have a problem sometimes...

My husband's writing was horrible! His signature had a left handed slant even though he was right handed. He used to say, "You recognize it you don't read it."

:0)

I guess we should ask the borrowers to write in cursive, the name that's printed on the form. Because in reality they certianly are not using their 'signature'.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/17/09 11:10pm
Msg #300518

My borrowers had best use the same signature that is on their DL as that is the evidence it will be compared to by TC when returned. (with or without middle initial, depending on what docs say) There are BO's who print on their DL's or have symbols and/or strange scratchings, and I want a match. If it is John A. Doe and he signs John Doe on his DL, then he has, with the aid of the State of Florida, chosen his signature. If he is John A. Doe and the docs say John Doe but he signs John A. Doe because that is his signature, I can ask that he leave out the A but if he just can't due to it being automastic and second nature, then I pray for chicken scratch; if not, then I constantly remind him, "leave out the A" on every signature. I am the first comparison - and it better compare along with that photo. Beyond reasonable doubt, my doubt. I always get copy of DL as well as see the original and will defend to the death my 'beyond reasonable doubt" if ever questioned.

I haven't had a problem yet, but I remain ready to defend.

Reply by John Schenk on 8/17/09 11:30pm
Msg #300522

I pretty much do that too on DL siggy, as compared to the signing siggy. I agree.

JJ

Reply by MW/VA on 8/18/09 9:16am
Msg #300552

I agree with Linda completely. IMO you have taken the whole thing to another level. This is not about handwriting analysis. The instructions will always say "sign exactly as name appears on docs". This is NSA 101. They need to sign their names exactly as they appear on title. If you're having a problem understanding this basic & standard requirement I don't know how you're out there going NSA work.
What do you expect to be paid for if you can't do the job?

Reply by Maranga Ink Resources on 8/18/09 10:46am
Msg #300580

Thank you for bringing it up

and that is what I did Jane Joe, the borrower with molded letter handwrited her name Jane Joe
as was typed under the line
MOLDED letter. Manuscript style. Even in the DL is a cartouche.
And this is the real point. The MOLDED style is what the lender do not accept AND they did not ask me to come back to get the borrower sign again.......usual thing

Reply by jba/fl on 8/18/09 11:01am
Msg #300587

Re: Thank you for bringing it up

What the heck is this MOLDED stuff you are talking about? Moldy? I don't get it, but then I don't get a lot of this.

Reply by MichiganAl on 8/18/09 12:01am
Msg #300526

This is different from your first post about signatures

To me, this is just typical instructions to sign their name as it appears. If the docs say John A. Doe, sign as John A. Doe even if they usually sign just as John Doe. I think you over analyzed pretty standard instructions.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.