Notary Rotary
On line back up
Notary Discussion History

On line back up
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by anita55109 on 8/6/09 4:42pm
Msg #299047

On line back up

Does anyone use online back up? If so could you please submit your thoughts and knowledge? Thanks.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/6/09 5:55pm
Msg #299061

I use Carbonite. I got a new computer in April and was able to restore all my files to the new computer from Carbonite.

Reply by PAW on 8/6/09 7:55pm
Msg #299078

I use Idrive (http://www.idrive.com). I looked at Carbonite (my first choice), but it doesn't back up networked drives. Idrive will back up all local and networked drives. Additionally you can set it up for full backup (of everything or selected drives/folders and files) or continuous backup, where it will back up files as they are changed. Restoring is just as simple.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/7/09 6:43am
Msg #299107

Re: On line back up - PAW

In order to avoid backing up files which are delivered to you for signings do you exclude a folder? I use Carbonite and I am thinking of it from the signing agent's perspective.

Reply by PAW on 8/7/09 7:25am
Msg #299108

Re: On line back up - PAW

Yes, I do not back up many different folders. When I receive documents with borrower's files attached, I immediately move those files to a special "print me" folder. Idrive does not back up that folder, though it does backup my email folders.

Reply by PAW on 8/7/09 1:55pm
Msg #299167

Forgot to add ... n/m

Reply by PAW on 8/7/09 1:58pm
Msg #299168

Oops, fat fingers at it again ...

Idrive will also automatically remove files (if specified) from the backup sets if they are deleted from the source drive. So even if the "print me" folder was backed up, once the files are deleted, the backup copies would also be deleted.

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/8/09 9:21am
Msg #299259

Re: Oops, fat fingers at it again ...

Bruce, you said.
Idrive will also automatically remove files (if specified) from the backup sets if they are deleted from the source drive. So even if the "print me" folder was backed up, once the files are deleted, the backup copies would also be deleted.

I am thinking hard about signing up with them can you specify auto remove only from certain folders or does auto remove only allow yes or no for entire backup?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.