One borrower who dates for both
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by cntrlcalntry on 8/20/09 9:40am
Msg #301048

One borrower who dates for both

Has anyone ever had an issue with this?

Reply by Regal/NC on 8/20/09 9:54am
Msg #301049

As long as the ink is the same, not a issue with me.

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/20/09 9:59am
Msg #301051

Yes, I would have an issue with it. They are to sign and date in their own handwriting, period.

Just my antiquated SOP I guess, but most instructions will state this.

Reply by JanetLA on 8/20/09 10:00am
Msg #301052

Each person should sign and date their own n/m

Reply by SReis on 8/20/09 10:18am
Msg #301054

Depends...

I normally req each date their own but have had 1 do both if the other person had difficulty (ie: elderly person w/VERY shaky hand, person w/severe arthritis)

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 8/20/09 10:40am
Msg #301057

Re: Depends...

Thank you for the replies, this just makes me nervous that it would not fund.

Reply by Larry/IL on 8/20/09 10:42am
Msg #301058

Re: Depends...

I have called and TC told me it was ok under those circumstances before, I wouldn't worry too much as long as same ink for signature and date.

Reply by Ilene C. Seidel on 8/20/09 10:40am
Msg #301056

IF one bo is having difficulty with signing i.e. shaking hands or some other medical problem I will allow the spouse to date both sides of the documents. As long as it's not mine.

Reply by aanotary on 8/20/09 11:09am
Msg #301060

Better Not Be a Provident loan

I once had to go out after another notary had signed them (resign because one BO had dated the docs for the other) they told me to have two different types of blue pens ( medium and fine point)and make sure each dated their own-but the are very picky on their docs.

Reply by davidK/CA on 8/20/09 11:35am
Msg #301062

Re: Better Not Be a Provident loan

I agree.

Provident questioned an RTC because the borrower had inserted the dates as "07/xx/09" and "07/xx/09" WHICH ACCORDING TO PROVIDENT "LOOKED LIKE MY WRITING" because I used the same style of dating ("07/xx/09"Wink in the OPTIONAL INFORMATION section of the DOT Acknowledgement, a completely different document. (The xx's are substituted here for the real dates so as to intentionally not be specific.)

To satisfy Provident and their in-house handwriting experts I now require any all BOs to spell out the Month (with letters, not digits) and use the full four digits of the year on all RTCs.

You would not believe how many phone calls it took to get Provident to accept my statement that the BO had been the one to actually date the RTC.

How do you spell ANAL?

Reply by MW/VA on 8/20/09 12:08pm
Msg #301065

Re: Better Not Be a Provident loan

Wonder what else Provident can find to make a major issue of? Like the $500K E & O requirement for notaries. They must expect to get sued a lot.

Reply by BrendaTx on 8/20/09 10:53am
Msg #301059

Seen it a good many times. Tells me that one person is a control freak. I've seen one where the woman took a ruler and put the ruler under the area for the man to sign. LOL...but hey, as long as it works for 'em.

Reply by ZeeCA on 8/20/09 2:22pm
Msg #301084

just my 2c... but I saw an issue where a spouse died and

some 'heirs' questioned if spouse had really signed it as it was not dated with same writing......... so I think it would prob be a good idea to have each sign and date their own signature as the date is part of the whole thing... creates no prbs for the notary later if they want to ask you "do you remember in 2002 you signed BO Ms X and BO Mr X and who dated what?"

jmo.....

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/09 2:28pm
Msg #301086

Re: just my 2c... but I saw an issue where a spouse died and

""do you remember in 2002 you signed BO Ms X and BO Mr X and who dated what?"

I'd bet the BORROWERS wouldn't even remember that, let alone the notary...

Not sure about anyone else but that's not something I make a note of in my journal - who dated what...I have never had this questioned yet.

Reply by ZeeCA on 8/20/09 4:35pm
Msg #301101

Re: just my 2c... but I saw an issue where a spouse died and

this is not asked of the borrowers... but this was a probate attorney hired to find out if the children from a prev marriage were getting what they should ... and that nothing had been changed... I doubt this would ever happen to any of us...

when i was a paralegal I was told that when they asked for a sig AND a date the date needed to be dated by the signer....

Reply by rengel/CA on 8/20/09 7:02pm
Msg #301109

Yo Zee - where ya been? n/m

Reply by ZeeCA on 8/20/09 7:12pm
Msg #301112

I am right here ... where YOU? just finished building a

turtle pond and found out one does NOT swim... sinks hmmm

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/20/09 8:00pm
Msg #301118

Zee, aren't turtles aquatic? Don't they paddle around

underwater and come up when they like? Now, not having any turtles, or a pond, I could be all wet, but are you sure the little guy (girl) didn't just want to explore the pond?

Reply by ZeeCA on 8/20/09 8:26pm
Msg #301123

Re: Zee, aren't turtles aquatic? Don't they paddle around

there are basically 3 types of turtles...
1. tortoises: LAND only
2. Water turtles that live in the water, have webbed feet, swim, come up and then back in.. Red ear sliders are common ones.

then 3.. what I call mud turtles... my name for them.. mine are box turtles... they live on the land, do not have webbed feet but NEED water to swim around in here and there to survive. My 3-toed could not wait to get in but my ornate i put in to see how she did... sank like a stone...

if ya want to see my guys... and the pond will be posted soon.. go to my facebook page... look for bobbye zee to see them Smile

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/20/09 9:11pm
Msg #301134

Great turtle lesson. Turtles are so peaceful. Maybe a

set of little turtle-'water-wings' - those air-filled arm 'donuts' that kids used to wear to help stay afloat? A helium balloon's string around her turtle waist? A shallow wader section in the pond so she could splash around and still keep her little head above water?

Sank like a stone. Oh pooh.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/20/09 7:52pm
Msg #301116

And another story: Mr. Bo had a stroke, couldn't sign

his name anymore, but could, by golly, sign his initials. Lender, Title, me, all advised prior to signing. He *knew* the date, just couldn't get his danged hand to write it. So, he initialed everything, and Mrs. Bo took care of the rest. Lovely, happy folks, even though once strong, hard-working Mr. was confined to wheelchair, and couldn't make his hands do much of anything anymore. But! He could pick up that little granddaughter and love her up just fine. Which, after all is said and done, is all that really matters.

(Good thing it wasn't a Provident loan, I'm guessing.)

Reply by Frenchie/TN on 8/20/09 8:17pm
Msg #301121

About Provident

We (my husband and I) just refied our condo with Provident. We both have excellent credit scores yet it took forever to get through underwriting. They asked for so many things that I thought they would ask for naked pictures next! The broker we used, a friend of mine, said they had the best rates but they were his pickiest lender. From the end user stand point they are very well organized: send an email a few days before they take out automatic payment, same when they get ready to pay the taxes. I am pleased.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/20/09 9:02pm
Msg #301131

Re: About Provident

In my former paralegal life in CT we closed a lot of Provident loans...they were my favorite ... packages were clean as a whistle, no loose ends, no surprises, no problems. I loved closing Provident loans.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.