Notary Rotary
Pier National Notary-Warning!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by ChristineHI on 8/3/09 5:41pm
Msg #298526

I did a signing for this company 75 days ago. I did the signing because at the time there were a couple of bad comments but there were good ones too so I risked it. I have communicated with them since the first week after the signing to make sure all was going smoothly and make sure my payment would arrive on time at 30 days. Of course, I was assured that I would be paid on time. When 30 days came and went I was told that they would check with accounting...blah blah blah.
Well, I have called, sent emails and also reported them to the Better Business Bureau. I also called the title company last week and of course, Pier National was paid but I wasn't. Title called them to inquire what was happening with my payment and they told title that they would contact me directly. Of course, they haven't. One good thing is that title said she is not sending them business now because of what she has been made aware of.
I normally just post this information in the signing list, but this experience has been so bad that I wanted to make sure everyone is warned.
I have done everything I can to give this company the opportunity to communicate with me and pay me and they haven't. Hopefully, they will do the right thing and pay me soon. We will see.

Reply by ChristineHI on 8/3/09 6:07pm
Msg #298538

Wow, the owner just called me....after 75 days!
No apology, just said he mailed the check on July 30th and for me to not call the title company again. It would have been nice to get an apology or something instead of just telling me not to contact title, but at least it looks like I will be paid.
Oh well, last time I do business with them for sure! Too bad I had to go to such extremes to get paid.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/3/09 6:09pm
Msg #298539

Wanna bet they saw your post????

Reply by Teddog/CO on 8/3/09 8:11pm
Msg #298559

Public Service Announcement

Fellow notaries please remember to fax your invoices out on the 1st of every month. When day 30 comes and you don't have your check start calling to see if that check been sent to you. We are in fact running a business.
Funny thing I've noticed we get our bills every 30 days. Ergo that means we need our money to pay those pesty bills on time. Not 35, 45, 49, 50 or 60 days later.
When I have to call for 2 out 3 checks from a company I just don't work for them anymore or their fee gets raised for the additional time of having to call them. What a waste of our time.
Amazing how some of these companies just love hanging onto the notarys' money. Grrrrrr
Don't take jobs from people that take 45 to 50 days to pay. There is no reason for not paying a notary within 30 days max. The longer it takes them to pay you there is only a bigger risk that you may never get paid. JMO

Reply by aatatusko on 8/3/09 7:53pm
Msg #298555

Cool, Pier Nat is monitoring this board... n/m

Reply by ChristineHI on 8/3/09 8:16pm
Msg #298562

Well, funny, I just went to my mail box and there was my check! It took 75 days, lots of messages, a report to the Better Business Bureau and calling title, but I got paid.
I am glad to have this one behind me. Good luck to everyone out there! I am glad all companies don't put me through this! I am getting too old to expend this much energy chasing down payments. :-)

Reply by GF_CA on 8/4/09 5:43am
Msg #298602

Are they still in the business? n/m

Reply by Barbie/FL on 8/6/09 11:38am
Msg #298936

I too did a signing for this company back in May despite the negative info. Unfortunately no pay til this date. Maybe we should contact their client and let them know!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.