Notary Rotary
Please refresh my memory
Notary Discussion History

Please refresh my memory
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Shoshana Roller on 8/19/09 6:51pm
Msg #300966

Please refresh my memory

What is the message # for the thread for newbies?
TIA

Reply by MW/VA on 8/19/09 6:55pm
Msg #300967

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 8/19/09 6:57pm
Msg #300968

Thanks! n/m

Reply by Gregory/OKC on 8/19/09 6:59pm
Msg #300970

#33325....Enjoy

Reply by mwm143 on 8/19/09 8:03pm
Msg #300979

Seems like there was some legal discussion several years ago about Notary fees and payments being handled in the same manner as an appraiser. You get paid if you do the job regardless. Not only sounds like a good idea but better yet the way it should be.

Reply by Shoshana Roller on 8/19/09 8:20pm
Msg #300981

The appraiser gets paid up front out of the borrower's pocket.

Reply by Susan Fischer on 8/19/09 10:01pm
Msg #301023

Exactly the point. The deal can't happen without us.

Out here. In the field.

One difference being that the appraiser often has a fiscal interest in the bottom line, and we have none.

Our industry has no compensation/minimal standards. No status.

My territory is shrinking, and so are the SSs we/borrowers can trust. No regulation there either.

LA is the exception. Her laws are civic minded. Notaries Public have many legal authorities.

Years ago, when I ran a new construction cleaning/detailing business, I asked an Idaho lawyer about a collection issue and he replied that he only took cases for "real businesses." Thusly dismissed, I turned my chair. Obviously not interested in fair wages for good work. My job was to make ~all~ of the Trades look good. How is that not relevant?

Our industry doesn't even have a designation. Signing Agent? Notary Signing Agent? Signing Professional? Really. What are we, anyway?

If we look at the various 'appraiser' associations, and their funding mechanisms, we might be surprised.

How To Get Upfront Payment Status...anyone writing on the subject?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.