Notary Rotary
Refill water bottles?
Notary Discussion History

Refill water bottles?
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 8/28/09 1:29pm
Msg #302146

Refill water bottles?

I was at a signing the other day and it was very hot, borrower asked me if I wanted a water bottle, sure! I said, when he put it at the table I noticed it was a refill. Ok, I do my toner refills but a water refill for a stranger?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 8/28/09 1:33pm
Msg #302147

Yeah, No thanks.

I had the same thing. When I noticed that, I said thank you, then got too busy to drink it. Bo asked if I wanted to take it with me, I did, thanked the BO and then when I got home put it in the proper recycle bin. I think I spared feelings.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/28/09 2:40pm
Msg #302167

That's just gross, do they really not remember that somebody already had their mouth all over that bottle?

Just another reason to say no when you're offered something to eat or drink. It's really not that hard to last an hour without food or beverage.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 8/28/09 3:26pm
Msg #302173

'Cept if you're in AZ and the temp is 115! LOL! n/m

Reply by Philip Johnson on 8/28/09 4:37pm
Msg #302176

Careful, you'll lose your CA bona fides if you become picky. n/m

Reply by HKT_TX on 8/28/09 6:35pm
Msg #302189

I always refill my water bottles, but if anyone takes one out I tell them 'make sure it hasn't been opened!'

Reply by MW/VA on 8/28/09 6:49pm
Msg #302193

No more risky than drinking from a glass at someone's home, a restaurant, etc.
Plastic water bottles are a huge eco-problem. Many people are going to start refilling.

Reply by CaliNotary on 8/28/09 8:13pm
Msg #302204

It's not about riskiness, it's about ickiness. It's normal for people to wash glasses, but refilled water bottles, I wouldn't be too sure about. I know I've never washed one.

Reply by Julie/MI on 8/28/09 9:25pm
Msg #302209

Re: Refill water bottles? YUCK!

Simply bogue.

Truthfully, anything bottled or packaged in plastic always seems to absorb the flavor of the plastic--especially shredded cheese and mayo. I never buy bottled water and I'll pay extra to get my Heinze ketchup from the restaurant supply in a glass bottle.

I'll tell you with all the homes I've been in and the stories shared here, I never buy from bake sales and I've seen many at home wedding cakes being decorated with cats sticking their noses in the bowl and the decorator licking her finger and putting it back into the bowl.

Bring back my ice cold coke in a 16 oz glass bottle. I'll pay extra for the fuel the truck burns. Vernors lost it's fizz with plastic bottle too.

A refilled plastic water bottle, not in a million years, could I come up with that one.

Reply by Jim/AL on 8/29/09 9:32am
Msg #302256

Re: Refill water bottles? Doctors advise never refill, even

if you try to clean you cannot clean under the ring that is left when you unscrew the cap and yuck can get trapped under it.

I am with you on the Vernors Julie...love it and used to only get it in Michigan when I was a kid. Not the same in plastic, but still great ginger ale.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.