Notary Rotary
Scanners/Multifunction Printer with legal size scanning
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by SoCalcloser on 8/8/09 11:12am
Msg #299276

I have an hp 4100 but I also need a scanner so that I am able to scan "fax backs", I am trying to stay away from ordering a phone line in my new home.

Can anyone recommend a scanner or multifunction printer that feeds legal size paper, I have a flatbed but its no good when you have to scan 35 pages.

Thanks for your help!

Reply by Gary Boehm on 8/8/09 12:06pm
Msg #299295

I use an HP 3015 that I bought used. I think the current model version is 3055. I keep it and my dual tray 4300 on the computer at the same time! Sometimes I send the borrowers docs to the 3015 while the "big one" is printing the Title Co docs. The 3015 Scans, copies and faxes too. It is my backup in case the 4300 breaks down.

Reply by ikando on 8/8/09 3:01pm
Msg #299323

I really like my Brother MFC-8460N. It's a multifunction machine and I use it for all kinds of things...including scanning. The consumables aren't too badly priced if you go to one of the reputable secondary market providers, several of which have been mentioned both here and on other forum boards.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/8/09 3:32pm
Msg #299326

I have been using the HP 3050 multifunction (laser jet) for several years. It does a good job. I still have a land line, so I fax from it, as well scan for email attachment. I think it handles 35 pages and not all machines will handle a stack. These have been around a while so I'm sure inexpensive refurbished ones are available.

Reply by Maggie Ostergard on 8/9/09 4:47pm
Msg #299373

I tried that 2. i was using the magicjack but my fax machine did not always work with the devise. i finally order a phone through the cable company and got my cable free for the year sort of a trade off. my fax is a Canon laser class 730i with internet fax capabilities but can find anyone that can set that up for me so thus the phone line. when i get that under control it will scan and email to title/closing companies. good luck

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.