Notary Rotary
Shaking my head
Notary Discussion History

Shaking my head
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by rengel/CA on 8/27/09 9:33pm
Msg #302048

Shaking my head

I got a call to notarize a signature tonight. I meet the gal at the sushi restaurant down the street and she tells me that she got all of the signatures notarized but one. She starts going through the package (not loan docs, a commercial rental agreement) and says, I noticed that there are 10 pages missing, the guy at the box store wouldn't notarize it so I took it to an attorney's office." The notary at the atty's office had no problems notarizing a document with 10 pages missing! Yikes.
It is illegal to notarize an incomplete document in the state of California! Not only that, I asked this girl why she would want to sign a rental contract with 10 pages missing! I told her to have them send the missing pages and I will meet with her tomorrow to notarize the last signature.

Scary, isn't it?

Reply by John_NorCal on 8/27/09 10:11pm
Msg #302051

Sure is scary. Just goes to prove that some people can be their own worse enemy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.