Notary Rotary
Split Closing
Notary Discussion History

Split Closing
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by tmg/Tx on 8/14/09 11:34am
Msg #300007

Split Closing

I am closing a loan for the husband only wife in another state.
2 questions. When crossing out the wife's name on the notary pages, do I initial or the husband? And, when the Ideminity and Affidavit As To Debts and Liens is blank, the signature line has SELLER OR BORROWER, and notarization is required, do I have th borrower complete this doc and notarize? I am puzzled because normally I don't have to do anything with this affidavit.

Reply by Cam/CA on 8/14/09 11:52am
Msg #300013

It would be your initials to any changes the notary block not the borrowers. If the doc requires notarization then yes, have the borrower fill it in. If you are not sure whether it needs to be notarized call the hiring party and ask.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 8/14/09 11:53am
Msg #300015

"When crossing out the wife's name on the notary pages, do I initial or the husband?" In the notary block? YOU initial any changes in the notary block - no one else. If it's the names under the signature lines you're referring to, you shouldn't be altering that at all....in the notary block, I would cross out the wife's name and after husband's name print the word "only"...avoids her name being added after the fact.

"And, when the Ideminity and Affidavit As To Debts and Liens is blank, the signature line has SELLER OR BORROWER, and notarization is required, do I have the borrower complete this doc and notarize?" Is this a refi? If so, then I'd say yes. If a purchase, check with hiring party but I would think this refers to Seller's liens on property....in fact, either way I'd call and confirm how they want it completed just to cover yourself.

MHO

Reply by tmg/Tx on 8/14/09 2:36pm
Msg #300043

Thanks, great feedback for the feedback

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.