Notary Rotary
Techie question too!
Notary Discussion History

Techie question too!
Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Claudine Osborne on 8/25/09 9:30pm
Msg #301674

Techie question too!

Upon powering up my computer we lost power! Since then I cannot get Quickbooks or Quickens to connect online! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply by jba/fl on 8/25/09 9:32pm
Msg #301675

Could a "restore" possibly help?

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/25/09 9:34pm
Msg #301676

Tried this..Nothing! My husband is good with computers this one has his stumped!

Reply by John Schenk on 8/25/09 11:35pm
Msg #301690

I'm sure no Techie, but can you set the save date back on your puter to a time it worked...like a couple days ago?

Hope you get a good answer...I'm no puter guru...wish I was. Sometimes I just set my date back when it worked and it fixes it.

JJ

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 8/26/09 12:57am
Msg #301696

I assume you wrote the post on the computer in question, so it is connecting to the internet.

Try powering down everything manually and leave it off for a minute or so. Boot your modem first, your router next (if you have one). Once they are booted up, then boot your computer. It is possible the mac addresses got scrambled they need to be synchronized. Sometimes, especially if you had that program open and online, the individual codes that the program uses to connect get scrambled when the connection is abruptly broken. Powering things up, one at a time, will allow everything to sync again. Of course, this is one of those "I need to have the computer in front of me" situations.

Using restore should be the next to last thing you try (the last thing being reloading and reinstalling the programs). The reason for that is that it also reverses any changes and any updates you made since your last restore point and could sometimes cause more problems than it solves and could lead to the computer needing to be formatted and reloaded.

Reply by PAW on 8/26/09 7:26am
Msg #301704

What is the error message?

It appears that you can at least connect to the internet and get to NotRot. What error message is being displayed when you attempt to connect to the Intuit "Q" sites?

Reply by Tess on 8/26/09 9:27am
Msg #301717

Re: If you have a 2006 version, QB no longer supports it

and you will no longer be able to download information from your bank. I just had to order an updated version for this reason.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 8/26/09 10:09am
Msg #301726

Re: If you have a 2006 version, QB no longer supports it

I think Glen may be close to the problem. I am online with everything else. I cannot remember the error code # but ia widow pops up and says there is no internet connection (when I know I am on line). My husband has already restored and that did not help! He has tried installing Quickens and is having the same issue!

Thanks for the help! It is very much appreciated!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.