Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Those were the good old days, lots of notary work and very..
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 8/10/09 2:34pm
Msg #299436

good companies especially the one below:

http://members.boardhost.com/notary/msg/1065.html

Reply by MW/VA on 8/10/09 3:20pm
Msg #299439

Do you mean that SOX (now referred to as STINX) was a good company back then?

Reply by Lee/AR on 8/10/09 3:27pm
Msg #299440

Nope...not in 2003. But, believe it or not, they were a good company circa 1993 to maybe '98...well before the boom.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/10/09 7:09pm
Msg #299454

Go to the very last post in that thread and you can see a post warning about them even back then. Isn't it just amazing that they have been able to get away with not paying notaries for that long -- and continue in business under the same name? Unbelievable!

So we have it documented that they have had a problem with paying at least some of their notaries for a minimum of five years. If it could be possible to calculate how much they've stolen in unpaid notary fees over the years, I bet that would be a very interesting number!

I've never worked for them, but I think their office is in territory I cover. I think I'll make a note of their address and try to swing by for at least a visual one of these days, out of curiosity...

Reply by Cam/CA on 8/10/09 9:29pm
Msg #299471

Re: The last message in the thread was posted today n/m

Reply by JanetK_CA on 8/11/09 2:05pm
Msg #299526

You are so right! However...

Out of curiosity, I did a search and found warnings and complaints about them going back to '03.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/11/09 8:28am
Msg #299493

There are fewer and fewer notary/loan signing agents to take advantage of. Those of us who've been dong this work for longer than most know all the companies by heart who consistently low ball or don't play ball at all. X, Nations Direct, and of course all those companies that bit the dust along the way. Recently someone hacked my address book while I answered an ad on craigslist. A bunch of email addresses came back as undeliverable, most of them contacts from signing services and title companies. The lot has thinned, there are fewer and fewer players in the field. Pretty soon these companies are going to fall off because they won't be able to get any one to work for them and they'll be done. Imagine how much harder they have to work to get someone to work for them at all, some poor unsuspecting soul who knows nothing of their dark, sinister past.

Reply by MW/VA on 8/11/09 8:31am
Msg #299495

That's why we try to get the word out about these companies. I still can't understand how they remain in operation. There always seems to be some unsuspecting newbie out there for them to prey on.

Reply by SharonMN on 8/11/09 10:23am
Msg #299505

I find it equally amazing that when given a lead on business, all those notaries chose to post to a chat board saying they are available instead of following the directions in the lead and submitting their info to the entity that had the work! (read the link in the first post and the responses) That's kind of like responding to a classified ad in the paper by posting your own classified ad instead of sending in a resume, folks!

Reply by sue_pa on 8/11/09 8:28pm
Msg #299559

I wonder how many of those posters are still in business? I'm guessing from their responses most of them are long gone.

Reply by jba/fl on 8/11/09 8:35pm
Msg #299562

Sue, you just know how to elicit snorts of laughter! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.