Notary Rotary
You're Gonna Wanna Report Me For This Post
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to August, 2009 Index

Posted by Michelle/AL on 8/2/09 8:25am
Msg #298389

I know. I'm posting this in the wrong forum. Go ahead and report me to Harry. I'll simply tell him that I suffered from temporary insanity this morning; or better yet...I'll say I lost my reading glasses and thought I was on the leisure forum. Yeah. That's what I'll tell him.

What I want to say is that I love Notary Rotary because of those of you who share your learning experiences and personal advice. I can't think of any other site where this much professional experience, from so many different states, is readily available. Your comments have saved me so much money and frustration over the past three years. I would not have the successful business that I have today if it wasn't for Notary Rotary. (It ain't Microsoft but I'm still paying my bills.)

Ohhh...I gotta tell you this. Received a call for general notary work Friday. Guy was looking for a Notary Acceptor. He said someone referred him to me. I asked who referred him. Guess what he said? He went to his bank to see if the notary at the bank would perform the work for him. They wouldn't do it but the bank rep went on NotaryRotary and got my information. So....my guess is that the bank did not really say "go to Michelle"; he probably gave the guy multiple notary names and numbers. But still, I think it's great that others in the community are using this site.

One more thing then I'll be quiet. This was on Friday, too. Met a couple at McDonalds to notarize documents. They're in the military and travel constantly. Said they were in VA last week and needed documents notarized. Could not find a soul. I won't even explain how they got me but I gave them my card and wrote down NotRot's URL for them. Told them it doesn't matter where you are in the U.S. you will find a good notary on this site. They were on their way to some BBQ on the Arsenal. Said they would mention NotRot to other military folk who travel like they do.

OK. I'm done. As you can see I'm in a good mood this morning. This would be a good time to hit me up for any charitable requests. Telemarketers, you better call now. My euphoria is bound to wear off in the next few minutes. (Now you can click the "Report" key. I think it's the black one.)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 8/2/09 8:51am
Msg #298390

Why??? This is a post discussing workSmile An excellent post if I might addSmile

"OK. I'm done. As you can see I'm in a good mood this morning. This would be a good time to hit me up for any charitable requests."

Hmmm. How about me hitting you up for a donation for this charity:

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Reply by 101livescan on 8/2/09 10:41am
Msg #298399

Thank you for posting and sharing this charity's website, Sylvia! It really comes home to many of us who have men and women in the armed services, disabled or not! Great cause. My nephew is being deployed with the USMC to the Middle East in January for the third and final time in his military career. We pray for his safety and wellness constantly.

Reply by 101livescan on 8/2/09 1:47pm
Msg #298402

Here is another site, like the one you posted, Sylvia.

If everyone on this board donated only $5 to these charities, we as a collective membership, could make huge differences for the men and women, and their families, who have made huge sacrifices to keep our country free. Please take the challenge, and pass it on.

My own father was in three wars, he was never injured, other than what we now know as traumatic stress syndrome, from wading in the deep cold waters of New Caledonia while the Japanese bombed the hell out of the USS Chicago. We're all touched somehow by the consequences of war but not as deeply as the men who are coming home with missing limbs, sight, audio and peace of mind.

http://www.supportamericansoldiers.com/NonprofitFriends.html

Reply by MW/VA on 8/2/09 9:36am
Msg #298392

Good post, Michelle. Thanks for presenting the positive side of how we benefit from the forum.
I hope it's a EOM high you're on!

Reply by 101livescan on 8/2/09 9:36am
Msg #298393

Way to go, Michelle, I won't be the one to report you, ever! NR and three other sites like this one give me 95% of my business. The rest is word of mouth in my community, my office building tenants, people who see my vehicle signs. I also volunteer with a couple of agencies in town for foster care children, and that brings me quite a little notary work.

Hope you're still in euphoria!

Reply by LKT/CA on 8/2/09 2:59pm
Msg #298403

Michelle, I share your sentiments. Many of the tips and advice here have helped me to run a more efficient and cost productive business. If I'm not available for a general notary job, I will recommend to the caller the UPS Store, AAA office or give them Notary Rotary's website to help them find a Notary in their area. I get a few referrals from the bank, too.

Reply by Cari on 8/3/09 6:56am
Msg #298436

Michelle, there is no doubt that your post will NOT

get reported because it is an excellent work related post (as previously mentioned) and it is a real life example on how NotRot is truly worth the membership $.

Sure there are 'other' forums that are similar, and are okay, if not mediocre, however, this site, is truly the site that any newbie or oldie, whether it's good or bad advice, tells us how it is in the real world of 'notaries' according to them.

I think notaries, new and old, should if not need to continue to share our work experiences, no matter how minuscule or outrageous they may be, if it will mean we can all learn from these experiences....and perhaps gain a bit more respect for one another.

Thanks Michelle for your post!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.